Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

April 1-15 KOKO's

Good Morning, Ladies. I thought breaking the month up would help so we wouldn't have such a long post to scroll through.....hope it's ok with you.

I'm hoping y'all are working at your own pace on doing what will make you feel better, more at peace and healthier. I really think that sometimes our bodies will tell us what it needs.

This month, do something for yourself that you've been wanting to do.....buy that special plant, make yourself a fancy pillowcase or placemat, get that aromatic plug-in fragrance you've been wanting to try, put up another birdfeeder, just something for you because you're special and to give thanks just for being.

Here's a site that will give you something to do to help fill your spare time. @:)

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: free patterns

Comments (34)

• nana24
    16 years ago

Good Morning,
    Well, it is definitely a better day than yesterday for me. I did my walk early as it was already 70 degrees at
    7 a.m. and the humidity must be about 90. It is supposed to rain today and my yard could sure use the watering but right now it looks very clear.

Sharon, you tempt me with a free pattern site when I have enough to fill 2 lifetimes!! :) Actually I have that one on my favorites along with many, many others I like to look at when I don't feel like doing, just looking.

I like the idea of breaking the month into 2 parts for our site. Today, just for myself, I'm going to a to a small shop in the next town for a "Tuck and Cluck" meeting. What's that you say? Well it is the remnants of a sit and sew group which is generally now just a show and tell. The owner of the shop says there was a group that would sit and sew such as tucking hems and talk. Today one of the group, who is making a move and has things from many years of sewing, is bringing things to sale at garage sale prices. I need nothing but I may see things I want! I will be fun to just see what she has. It is generally a very small group but I predict the shop will be over run.

Hope everyone has a great month ahead! Although we are headed into summer here in So. Louisiana, I know some of you are looking to spring. Things are so green here and it will be too hot to work outside except for the necessities of cutting grass and such in very short order.

Let's all keep encouraging each other to be our best!!
    KOKO Sally

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

I am OK with breaking the month up too. We just returned from the Cherry Festival in Macon, GA. Too beautiful for words. Pink everywhere with yellow pollen everywhere. IT WAS PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to have a cherry tree.
    I know for next year to wear pink and dye my hair pink. For some reason that I am not sure of pink poodles on black tees are popular.
    Sally, we left Monday morning wearing sweaters and it was raining, today it is the 90's and I have on shorts. I am only working outside in the early morns or evenings.
    Sharon, I have a 'solar clothes line' and I have been keeping my clothes pins in a plastic bag until I found a bag holder. I thought of using a baby doll dress, but I found one in a quilted tumbling block pattern on the Janome site.
    DH doesn't use it very much but I like it for large items like bath rugs and jeans.
    So my plans for the first half of April are:
    1) To finish my daughter's bath wrap and get in in the mail and make the clothes pin holder for me.
    2) Finish machine embroidering the LITTLE girl socks that I have been pulling my hair out trying to make, I finally DID IT!!!!!!! They are not perfect, but they are cute. I used embroidery thread to crochet the edgings. I will spare you the pics of the first 4 socks LOL BAD
    3) Have more meditation, spiritual time daily.
    4) Sis just got out of the hospital so my plan is to spend more time my fam.

KOKO Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Rosa, The little sock are soooo cute! I'd wear them!! lol

Sally, The Tuck and Cluck group sounds fun.

Sorry my brain isn't thinking too good right now. If we don't leave tonight, we'll be leaving in the morning to drive up north. I see by the Weather Channel there is bad weather right where we'll be going...would appreciate prayers. I don't know how long I'll be away from the keyboard, but y'all will have to KOKO without me for awhile.

Take care....

• deannabsd
    16 years ago

Hello all,
    Well we made it back safe and sound from Mpls. We decided about 8 pm on Sunday nite to pick up DD and drive as far aw we could or until the weather got us. We drove until about midnight so only had a few hours in the morning which was less than ideal but we made it and walked to the metrodome in icky snowy weather. Made for interesting conversation. Had a nice time even though the twins lost the second game. Had a little snow storm on the way home today but tonight it must have been 50 degrees and I walked for an hour.

That is a great idea to break up the site by half a month.

Hope you are all fine. I think I will continue to buy flowers for myself. At Wal-Mart I can get a little boquet of carnations for $4.00 and they just seem to last forever.

Hope all of our travelers are safe.

Deanna KOKO

• nana24
    16 years ago

Well yesterday was weigh-in for me and my scales said I ate 2 lbs too much last week. I was a little depressed but I still walked. I think it is my sinus that has me off key but there is so much in the air right now I don't know what is causing it. I walked today also and I will KOKO. I guess we ate out too many times last week.

Sat. we are leaving for Washington for a little trip. I am looking forward to the cherry blossoms. I know they will be beautiful. This will be my 3rd trip to D.C. and I have enjoyed going. It had been a dream since childhood but I only went for the 1st time about 13 years ago.

Did you see the news report that said after all these years of 8 glasses of water there is no conclusive studies that drinking more water aids in either weight loss or in flushing our kidneys or cleansing our system?? It was on the news on one of the major channels. I just had to smile. We hear something is bad for us then oh, not so bad or even some is good. Thought it was interesting.

Sharon, I guess you are on your way north. I pray for your protection and peace. Looking forward to your post whenever possible.

Deanna, buying flowers for yourself is a great idea. It is so hard to think in the terms of cold you speak about especially just after I return from my walk soaked to the skin from the heat and humidity.

Rosa, your little socks and t-shirt are precious. How did you hoop the little socks to embroider them? I have a sticky stablizer but how could you get the little sock stretched out in a way that would let you embroider that one spot? I guess I'd have to see it done.
    They are so cute but then I don't crochet so I couldn't put that part on.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Sally

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

Deanna, I always bought fresh flowers from Albertson's grocery store in FL. I love how they brighten up the room. Here in GA I have not kept up the tradition but I plan too.
    Sally, I think you doing great!! I honestly had decided to give the socks that were left to my grandnieces without embroidery, they were driving me nuts. I bought them around Christmas.
    I had them in my car and after I drove to see their new baby brother in March I told my sis, no I am going to do this, so I took them back home. My son has always told me I don't know when to give up LOL!!!!
    I have a sock hoop that attaches to the bigger hoop, and I can not use it. I have read the tutorials and other people use the hoop and say they are great, I just canÂt. After messing up 4 socks I found a way that works, FOR ME LOL.
    I hoop tear away stabilizer and very thin muslin. I pin the sock to the muslin without stretching it and pull the sides over and the other top down. I use about 10 pins to hold it in place. Then I place a small square of wash away stabilizer on top of the sock to embroider it. I hold the WA stabilizer and keep the sock pulled away from the needle with both hands.
    The problem I was having was keeping the sock from stretching. If the sock is stretched at all the embroidery looks terrible.
    I have embroidered TP and that was a breeze compared to these tiny socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Embroidery Library tutorial makes it look soooooooooo easy.
    Sharon, have a safe trip you and fam are in our prayers.
    KOKO Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: Baby Sock Embroidery Tutorial

• grammyp
    16 years ago

Love the socks! Love fresh flowers too, but DH's allergies are too bad to have them in the house often.

Sally, you are doing well, don't worry about 2 pounds. The past 2 weeks I supposedly lost 2 pounds each week, then this week I gained 4. Nothing changed and I actually had more exercise, perhaps I need new scales or lighter eye glasses.

We went for a mountain bike ride this morning and had a bit of an adventure. My left crank and pedal fell off while riding on a gravel road. We had to really look to find the little black bolt, but we found it. Didn't have a tool to put it back on so we walked up the hills, got on the bike and coasted down. Bet we really looked funny, but we got back to the truck finally. We have been working on restoring DH's laptop this afternoon. It crashed Monday and we really want our pictures and data back. I have managed to salvage the pictures, next is his music and sheet music he had. Most of the music was purchased from I-tunes and can be re-downloaded, but the sheet music may have to be purchased again. Most of the documents I have hard copies of (somewhere) and the bookmarks were backed up on Firefox just last week.

I have to work tomorrow afternoon and possibly the weekend since the regular guy isn't feeling well and the boss wants off. At least it will be more money for fabric!!

Sharon, have a safe trip. ((hugs))

beverly

• scootersgirl
    16 years ago

After reading all your posts I feel ... well not bad, but quite unsuccessful. I've been eating like food is going out of style and I didn't manage even 1 exercise session this week. Oh well, next week is a new week and I'll do better.

We have our own business. It is only 3 yrs old but my husband has had enough so he's been looking for a job for a couple of months. He received a conditional job offer yesterday with the county sheriff's department. Yea! It's not a lot but it is a steady pay check and benefits.

Rosa those socks are soooo cute. I understand how frustrating that can be. Have you ever tried towels? Those little loops love to poke right through the stitches. A little bit of tule front and back with soluable stablizer keeps them soft and smooth.

Sharon, enjoy your trip.

Georgia

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

Georgia I love to embroider towels and my fam loves them!!!! I use tule on everything!!!!! Job hunting is stressful, so is running a business.
    Don't feel bad or unsuccessful, I ate EVERYTHING last week. Last night I was eating nachos at 10 PM.
    We have had a lot of stress in our fam and it is so emotionally draining so I decided today I am just going to quilt and watch TV or read.
    It is dark and raining so I have a great excuse!!!!
    We are all thinking of you Sharon. God bless.
    KOKO Rosa

• deannabsd
    16 years ago

Good day everyone,
    Another windy day outside so am going to sew for about 30 minutes more and then head to the gym. I have not been there since Thursday :( . No good excuses either. I have walked and putzed around a little though.

Hope your week will be a good one. Deanna

• scootersgirl
    16 years ago

Woo hoo. I got a good start to the week. Just finished a nice sweaty pilates/aroebic workout.

Later I get to take my daughter to the Doctor's. She has a pretty hefty case of pink eye. Hope the boys don't get it.

Work hard ladies,
    Georgia

• scootersgirl
    16 years ago

Where are you??
    I'm still going strong.

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

Hi all, I haven't been on here in a while, feeling pretty low, but was able to take 2 walks today! One with my older girls and the other slow.......... walk with my three granddaughters. It might of been slow but it was fun just spending time with them. I haven't been sewing much, been busy cart and toting the girls to play practice and other things. I tried to get into the dentist today but they can't fit me in until the 24th! I guess I get to live with it.

KOKO

Vicky

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello, gals, and thank you for your prayers. It was cloudy all the way up, but didn't rain hard at all. It took a little over 20 hours to get to our destination last Thursday.....I hope I don't have to do that again. Then, another 10 hours with my mom and sister to MN on Sunday, which is where I am now and plan to be here until the 18th. My room is on the lower level with the computer, sewing machine and fireplace (just flip the switch)! I learned how to change the bobbin in my sister's machine today and am making Flying Geese for the QOV. Other than that, mom and I are putting a puzzle together and I'm finding I take inventory before I head up the steps so I don't have to come back down for awhile...I HATE STAIRS!!! It's been cold and my body is still trying to catch up on sleep, so I'm letting it.

Sounds like everyone is KOKO....which is a good thing. I don't have access to junk food and my sister's fridge is full of healthy food, so maybe I'll lose a few pounds, unless I fluff up trying to keep warm!

SharonG/FL

• lindaoh_gw
    16 years ago

Sharon, I'm glad you arrived safely. I was hoping you would bring some warm weather with you! It got up to 71 yesterday but we are supposed to have rain and cooler temps this week.
    KOKO
    Linda OH

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

Great to hear from everyone. I have been playing in the dirt and not much quilting.
    Did you see the adorable quilt Red posted??? I don't know where she finds all of the cute quilts!
    Sharon, glad to hear you make the long trip safely, I am sure it is a huge comfort to your family to have you there. I always dread the 4&1/2 hour trip to FL, I am not a good traveler at all and people drive like maniacs.
    Linda, my stepdad is from OH and I remember them visiting in May and it snowed. I forget where they go, I know it is a small town.
    I knew a classmate was sick about 10 years ago. She had been going to the Mayo clinic and she was fired from her state job, she had to sue to get her pension. She came to my mother's birthday party about 3 years ago and she seemed to be doing better. We have a soapbox forum in the small newspaper here and someone posted she had AIDS. I think she should have sued the paper, small town people can be cruel.
    She passed this week and her daughter told me she had been in the Mayo clinic in Fl for the last 2 years and then 3 months in Hospice.
    She was friends with my sis more than me, but I thought it was so sad she lived the last part of her life like that.
    KOKO Rosa

• grammyp
    16 years ago

I am so glad you made it safely. I really hate long car rides. Get your rest, eat healthy and if you keep climbing the stairs you will come home a slimmer you.

((hugs))
    beverly

• nana24
    16 years ago

Hi all,
    We got back from our trip to Washington this afternoon. The cherry blossoms are so beautiful as are the tulips, daffodils, tulip trees (Saucer Magnolias), and so many more flowers. The National Botanical Garden has an orchid display with thousands of orchids-fabulous!
    Boy did I get my walking in the last 4 days! But we also found some good things to eat-mostly just ate more than usual. Missed my weigh-in day so I have a reprieve til next week. Oh well, as my DGD told me once "it's part of life" I will try to do better now that I am home.

Vicky, I agree taking the GC on walks is the best!

Sharon, glad your trip went as well as it could. Enjoy being with your Mom and Sis.

Rosa, have fun playing in the dirt. We had some new flowers blooming when we got home.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week!!
    Sally

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Linda, I think I must have left the warmer temps in Michigan and Indiana. DH called me today just to let me know he was sitting at Daytona Beach watching the grandkids play in the ocean! Thanks alot! We're supposed to get 4-7" of snow tonight!!!! Brrrrrrr PLUS, get this! All my dressy clothes, along with my coat, got taken back to Florida! Some well meaning person picked 'em up and hauled 'em out!

Rosa, Are you talking about the gingerbread man quilt? That really is cute....if I was home, I might be tempted.

Beverly, Thanks....I usually don't mind long car trips, but this one totally wiped me out. Might have been because we drove straight thru and then had another long one a few days later. Mom had my healthy breakfast waiting for me this morning....cheerios, half a banana, 2 strawberries and a few blueberries.

Sally, We went to DC one year during Spring Break....it's really pretty with all the flowers blooming. One of the things I'm looking forward to is seeing the Spring flowers and lilacs this year.

Vicky, Hope you get some relief from your dental problems.

Georgia, Work extra hard and apply it to my body.

Deanna, I'm trying to keep up with the Twins with my mom, but when the game's at night, I can't keep my eyes open that long.....afternoons are better.

I should have weighed when I got here. I know what it was when I left home so maybe I'll go by that. My niece made cookies tonight...my sister's pastor's wife invited her and I to dinner Friday night.....oh me, oh my.....I've got to be extra careful for a few days and maybe try and do some chair exercises.

The only thing we can do is to KOKO.......

• deannabsd
    16 years ago

Hello all,
    Well it sounds like old man winter is not done roaring as we have snow headed this way yet this week. Maybe it will miss you in Minnesota, Sharon.

I have been enjoying my new sewing machine and have four blocks to do for my nieces quilt and then will lay it out and see if I am satisfied. I have been making 12 of the same blocks for that quilt and a quilt block exchange and I swear the ones for the exchange just are always a little bit off. I have sewn four blocks on the new machine and the swap block was off and the others were fine. :(

Didn't get much exercise in today but just my mile a day. We had a conference at work and just seemed to graze every time I went by the food table. I have most of Friday off so should be able to get a good workout in and also have the weekend off but we are to travel 2 hours north for our DD scholarship banquet. If we don't make it, I guess she will have to round up a couple friends for a meal.

I am feeling like some of you have been hit by the blues, so I hope you can find some cheery summer fabric to stitch. Maybe us KOKO should do a little care package exchange??

I agree that gingerbread quilt is cute. I have a feather stitch and a blanket stitch on my machine so I should try a little applique.

Well, the bed is calling me so I will say good night and be well my dear friends.
    Deanna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

no snow on the ground this morning.....yeaaaaaaa

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

Yep Deanna I was hit BIG by the blues!!!!!!! I had to snap myself out of it, it is part of life!!!!!!!! I'm looking forward to the pics of your blocks. I have come close to mastering the blanket stitch on my machine, Sharon machine appliques very well.
    Sally, one of my goal trips is to Washington, my sis has been many times and she loves it. She even wanted to move there from GA.
    Sharon, I know you are freezing, and I would be too!!! You have everyones permission to not be concerned with your weight or what you eat. I am getting to the age where cold and stairs make my knees ache.
    We are having a picnic on Friday and I know I'll be eating.
    Have a great day everyone.
    KOKO Rosa

• nana24
    16 years ago

I walked this morning and knew for sure I'm home-
    hot and humid!

I like to go places but I'm always glad to get home. We enjoyed Washington. It was my 4th trip (I think I said 3rd earlier but had forgotten). This was the second time I was there during the cherry blossoms. It is still overwhelming. Rosa, I do hope you get to visit. I would not, however, want to live there. I did tell DH we could see more if we lived there for a short time-tenporarily. I'm too much of a country girl. We live in a very quite and peaceful area and I can't think of a place I'd want to trade for.

It did get pretty cool in Washington and it was nice but we got home to a full blown summer. It is 81 degrees now.
    Hope this doesn't mean we will have an unbearable summer.

Everyone KOKO. Sharon, I do give my self some leeway when I'm away from home. Guess I just have to work harder when I get home but I still do it.

KOKO Sally

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

It is hot here too Sally. I grew up in a small town with one red light. Seriously!!!!!!!!!!
    Moved to Miami after HS and lived the rest of my years in various cities in FL, basically where ever AT&T sent me LOL!!
    At first when DH thought about moving back to rural GA I was not too thrilled. After the shock wore off I decided OK. DH is extremely happy and other than missing the 2 DGD's and DS and DD I am too. But they do visit.
    We now have 2 red lights and a fam of deers that love my plants!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, we also have 1 HS for the entire county, but it is beautiful and surrounded by woods.
    I am so busy but I decided to join in the gingerbread man swap. Sice we have until November, why not??
    Hope the dentist visits and little ones with pink eye are getting better too.
    KOKO Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK girls, I'm seeing more snow than I ever wanted to see again and they say more is coming...oh well, it's my mom and I'm sure she put up with unpleasant things for my sake, to I'll just suck it up! She had a bad spell last night....I think she might still be grieving, so I just hugged her. She said she told the Lord He could take her any time, that she was ready, but maybe He better wait awhile cause all the family just got home from this funeral and they needed to rest. Plus, my nephew, the funeral director is on vacation. She can be so funny.

Rosa, Thank you for the compliment....I sure played with the lengths and widths a lot, plus changed them as I sewed when I got in little tight places, too. I live in what I consider a small town, too, but I think there are 5 lights on the main drag from one end to the other. I like this better, but it's the pits for fabric shopping.

I'm with you, Sally. It's always good to get home...and in my case, be it ever so humble.

Deanna, I know you're having fun using your new machine. You'll get used to it and it's settings, etc and be whipping those perfect blocks out in no time!

Last year when I was up north, I gained 10 of the 25 I had lost and I haven't taken it off, so yes, I do need to be careful. I'll enjoy myself, but if I watch the carbs and desserts, I think I'll be ok. I do love bread!

Everyone have a good day........

SharonG/FL-cold snowy MN

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

We went to a Hospice picnic today. We have a small group and the director has a pond house.I think it is great for them to provide a party, with transportation, to the Hospice patients. It was a lot of fun, some of the women older than me were dancing with the minister.
    People were fishing with poles, and of course we ate too much. The guh-nats were also kind to us.
    I also have a sunburned face and I did have on sunscreen!!!!!!!!!! It's hard to believe that other places have snow.
    Bless everyone.
    KOKO Rosa

• deannabsd
    16 years ago

Hello all,
    Just heading out for a walk now after supper and chowing down. I have been snacking so much lately. Made a strawberry desert..yum but I am not getting in such a good workout. It is about 46 degrees so shouldn't be so bad.

We did have a little visit from old man winter a couple days ago and we are supposed to have a nice week. I am anxious to get my kayak out. I do have some home projects to do so I really can spend a few more days indoors.

I have three more blocks to piece together for a quilt for my niece. Her wedding is in August. I have been happy with my machine so far. I am alternating a floral print made into a sawtooth star with a plain muslin block. I will not be quilting this but tieing it. Could I free motion on the plain muslin a design or would I need to have some type of fabric under it????

How did you all spend your weekend since no one posted since Friday? Hope that you are well and getting some sunshine your way. It certainly helps the mood. I think the Minnesota Twins lost today.

Think spring and KOKO....deanna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, the Twins lost today. I watch til about the 8th inning and my sister wanted to go to Le Gourmet Chef and I jumped at the chance! It's a kitchen outlet store and what wonderful gadgets and kitcheny things they have! I was looking for a short nutmeg grater, but all they had were the long ones, so she's going to take me to another place before I head back to Indiana on Friday.

I've gotten 12 Flying Geese done (need 20 more) for the Mystery QOV and have appliqued 4 stars onto a 4-patch. I hope to at least get the rest of the Geese done before Friday. I use the 2 square method that makes 4 geese and I have the first steps done, so it really shouldn't take that long....(yeah, right!)

Rosa, Sounds like a fun time was had by all. That's so nice of the director to have the picnic for them.

Deanna, I use the 'birthing' method for my quilts and I machine quilt it after it's turned but I usually just do straight lines. Try it and see if it works. If you want a design on it before hand, I would say, yes, you need something under it.....but, try it, maybe you won't.

The weather is supposed to be sunny and in the 60's for the next 3 days, so I think I'll put mom in her wheelchair and take a walk down the road. Will be good for both of us to get out in the fresh air.....

Don't forget to be good to yourselves....

SharonG/FL-MN

• scootersgirl
    16 years ago

You Ladies always sound so busy it makes my feel like I'm lazy. I know I'm not though. I finished a quilt last week. It's a crib size. My grandmother sent me a top the end of last summer. I finally got it quilted and bound. I also finished the baby afghan I was working on. I'll post pics later. I got in 3 workouts last week then spent the day yesterday helping my mother-in-law clean everything out of her garage, helping my husband build her some floor to ceiling shelving, and helping her with some sorting and putting everything she was keeping back into the garage. Busy. My poor hubby tried to drill his finger right at the end so he gets to go to the doc today to see if he needs stitches or a tetnas shot. then this morning I made several trips from my car to the house with boxes of records and other stuff we picked up from my mother-in-law. I'm counting that as my workout for today.

Keep it up Ladies,
    Georgia

• grammyp
    16 years ago

Wow, you have been busy too Georgia. Hope your hubby is ok. We gotta get in our garage very soon, before it explodes. Didn't get anything done this week (DH has pneumonia from a chemical exposure at work), now he is back at work, so it will have to wait till next week. I am working on a quilt for one of our ward clerks at work. We worked together 25 years ago and has now been diagnosed with cancer, so we are making a quilt for her. MIL is not doing well, she keeps falling, memory is going rapidly. She says things that just come out funny. Yesterday DH said "the lake is really up again." she responded, "yes, and it is up on this other side too". She has a cold and I think that is not helping any. The dogwoods are in full bloom, which is bad for me since that is one of my big allergies. I have finished the balance sheets for the bike ride Sat. Even after all the bad weather and poor turn-out we will make about $300. Which isn't too bad for a first attempt.

I would be able to get my bike rides in this week, except for the sleet today and snow we are expecting tonight. It is April in central Alabama for Pete's sake, what is with this weather ???

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That was for sure a workout, Georgia! Hope your hubby got the medical attention needed to ward off any infections.

Beverly, Sorry about your DH but glad he's able to be back to work now. What pattern are you using for the comfort quilt? Sounds like you might have to have someone come in and be with your MIL when you aren't there....has she been to the doctor lately? Maybe she needs some meds for dizzyness for awhile....would be better than a broken hip. Did you get your sleet and snow? Old Man Winter just doesn't want to give up!! Crazy!!

My mom gave me the original wedding ring set my dad (he passed away 30 years ago) gave her 70 years ago. They aren't spectacular, but the sentiment is there. I've gotten a few more stars appliqued and hope to work on the Flying Geese today. Making 15 bean soup and ham for supper with cornbread dressing dumplings. Those dumplings are so yummy. I've never made them with bean soup, but we usually have cornbread with bean soup, so thought I'd try it.

SharonG/FL - In sunny MN

• grammyp
    16 years ago

How wonderful to have your mom's wedding ring set. I know you will cherish them. Love 15 bean soup. I cooked a roast in the crock pot yesterday and today it is a stew day. It will be only MIL and me so cornbread and beef stew is just fine.

She still won't go to the doctor. It will interfere with her trip to the casino with her brothers. There aren't many things she can take with all her parkinson's meds so she just doesn't even want to go. She has been some better today, less congestion, dizziness and freezing (feet quit working). My parents are coming to spend the weekend since we both have to work, but MIL doesn't like people (especially new people) around, so we just have the girls and her brother and SisIL check on her several times a day when we are gone.

We did get our sleet, but no snow. The wind has died down and it is very comfortable in the sun, but still a bit cold to ride in the mornings. Tomorrow should be better, we'll see.

beverly

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

Wow,15 beans soup, the most I have made is 5 beans soup!!!
    Sharon, how do you make cornbread dressing dumplings???? They sound delicious!! I love the kitchen gadget outlet stores too. The wedding ring story is so beautiful, it made my eyes tear up.
    Beverly you and Georgia have been working out more than me, I did play golf Sunday but my allergies are bothering me too.
    It is cold here tonight and after that the weather is going back to the 80's.
    Bless everyone.
    KOKO Rosa

• nana24
    16 years ago

Sharon, I just knew you would have started us a new thread since it is the 16th. I, too, want to know how you make cornbread dumplings. That could be our treat from you to begin the second half of this month for the KOKO's. I also love beans soup (I make 10 bean soup). However, I made taco soup for a group on Sunday with a good amount of beans in it and Sun night I had a tummy ache! You can guess "the rest of the story!" :)

I'm walking faithfully. Thanks for the encouragement about my 2 lbs, Beverly. It is gone and a little more. Yea!

My GC from TX were here this week end. It is hard to see them go but we had a really nice weekend. They usually stay several days but because of school they were only here for the weekend. When my DD mentioned going tomorrow on Sat. my DGS said we just got here. They drove about 9 hrs (4.5 each way) to be here about 42 hrs. They are young! We used to do that. Actually, we still do it but with no children in the car.

You gals who exercise-walk , ride bikes, run in the cold impress me!

KOKO Sally