Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics of camping trip.

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 18, 07 at 23:25

Here are some of the pics from our trip. The little bear lives in the RV and travels around with us.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the observation tower at Cheaha

This is the view from Bald Rock

This is Bald Rock

This is the view from Pulpit Rock (I don't get near edges!!!)

Toasting marshmallows.

It was soooo very cold and windy we didn't spend a lot of time outside.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics of camping trip.

Beverly, I love your pics and it looks like you had wonderful weather for it...Judy

o

That is a beautiful view--love the bear.

Geri

o

Nice pictures, Beverly. Looks crispy cold to me and I don't get near any edges either! DD3 and her family like to take their RV and go camping, too.

SharonG/FL

o

Hey Beverly! We've been to Cheaha one time back when we had our travel trailer. It's so pretty there. Thanks for sharing.
Linda

o

Linda, it is lovely isn't it. On a clear day it seems like you can see forever. They have put in a handicap walkway to Bald Rock (elevated wooden walk with benches every 50 yards or so) but we chose to walk the path (less wind near the ground). There are lots of hiking trails, bike paths and roads. There is primative camping, semi improved, and full hook-up, cabins, lodge or hotel with restraunt. We haven't eaten at the restraunt yet, always just cook at the camp site. Moving up to the RV from the pop-up was the best thing we ever did. So easy to pack, set up, clean ... really handy for bike rides, just park in the lot and turn on the propane. When you get back, nice hot shower waiting for you.

beverly

o

Great pix!

Edges....not me! I got woozy just looking at that man in that photo on those rocks! Yikes!!

o

Great Pics Beverly the Bear looks he enjoyed the whole thing. It was cool and very windy for the fishing trip too.

Nanci

o

Nice pictures - love the bear! That view from Bald Rock would make a nice silouette (spelling?) quilt. Is that your DH?
thanks for sharing,
Kelly (NH)

o

Yup Kelly, that is DH. He is much braver than me. He kept saying "this isn't the edge, there is a nice ledge just down there, come and see, it's ok,...." NOT ON YOUR LIFE! I don't get near edges, at all, not even with a railing. You are right though, that would make a nice quilt. Hmmmmm, wheels are turning, I have never done one, but there is always a first time.

beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here