Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melissa968_gw

Prayers Please

melissa968
17 years ago

I know I don't post very often and I'm not usually one to ask for help or to draw attention to myself. I am also not one that wants others to feel sorry for her. But, I have seen how well things have worked out for others who have asked for prayers so I figure the more people praying for you, the better.

I'm 38 years old, one DD in first year of college, one DD a 7th grader. Last May I found a lump in my left breast. Immediately got dr. appt. who sent me for mammogram. They did a sonogram at the same time and said that it looked like a cyst but wanted to check with another sonogram in 6 months to make sure it hadn't grown. February 2007 went for sonogram. The radiologist said it had not grown and I should have another in 6 months to make sure. I was elated! (6 months is a long time to wait, wonder and worry). Three days later I received a call from my dr. The lump has grown and she referred me to a surgeon. Very disturbing---I thought everything was ok. Waited another agonizing week for appt with surgeon who sent me for an MRI. Waited 2 weeks for that (has to be scheduled on certain day within your cycle). Waited another two weeks for follow-up with surgeon to see what it said. She said there is some concern and that the lump should be removed so we don't have to worry anymore. Of course, she wouldn't tell me whether she thinks it is cancer. Will have to wait for the biopsy report to come back. There is no history of BREAST cancer anywhere in my family. But there is history of cancer on my dad's side. When my dad was diagnosed with cancer I took care of him for 3 long years and watched every painful moment of this illness. I'm scared for me, but my biggest fear is for my children. I know how terrible it is to lose a parent and they are way younger than I was.

Anyway, my request to you wonderful bunch of ladies is for prayers for my children that their mother will be ok and be around for a long time to come.

Melissa

Comments (25)

• bkfdwife
    17 years ago

BIG HUGS (((HUGS))) prayers and good thoughts...please let us know how things are going!!
    Lisa

• jennifer_in_va
    17 years ago

You will be in my thoughts! Try not to worry too much (I know, that's a hard thing to do!). Even should it be cancer, the treatments these days make full recovery a highly successful prospect. (My mom is a breast cancer survivor!)

Hang in there, and keep us posted.

• Vicki Pidgeon
    17 years ago

Melissa,
    I will keep you in my prayers. I have many friends who are breast cancer survivors. The testing and waiting is very hard. Thier advice would be: get second opinions. And Prayer works!
    Vicki

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Melissa, I will add your name to my prayer list. Right now, look at this 'fear' as your enemy, and treat it as such! I'm hoping you have talked to your daughters about what's going on as I think they should know what's happening with mom.

(((((Melissa))))) Please keep us updated...........

SharonG/FL

• glassquilt
    17 years ago

I know how worrisome a lump can be. I will hold you and your family in the Light. (And you're right - all the people praying really help.)

• deannabsd
    17 years ago

Melissa,
    You and your family are all in my prayers. I will also pray for your doctors and all the medical folks who will be helping you. Deanna in South Dakota

• grammyp
    17 years ago

You will certainly be in my prayers. My aunt was diagnosed 10 years ago, had a mastecotomy and chemo and is doing very well. She can still outwork me. There has been great progress in medicine and treatments, so keep your chin up. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

beverly

• sew_self-taught
    17 years ago

Dear Melissa,

I will be thinking of you. And I am hoping for the very best for you. Please let us know how you are doing. I hope all of this agonizing waiting will not last much longer and that all you hear is good news very soon. My best wishes to you.

Nina

• fatquarters
    17 years ago

Will be thinking of you and praying for the best results. The waiting is is very stressful. Maybe you need to do a quilting project to occupy your thoughts while you wait. I find quilting to be quite relaxing. I have sat waiting for the very same news so I know what you are feeling. Keep us posted.

• melissa968
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you all for the prayers, thoughts and words of encouragement. Am working on staying positive and trying not to worry without cause.

Melissa

• lots2do
    17 years ago

You (and your family) are in my thoughts and prayers too. I hope that you are able to do something enjoyable to relieve your stress and keep your mind off of your worries as much as possible. Please keep us posted.
    Kelly (NH)

• mirren
    17 years ago

Melissa - I have been wondering how you are these days. Sending prayers for you.

• nanciii
    17 years ago

Melissa,

You are in my prayers that everything will turn out alright for you and your girls.

Nanciii

• nana24
    17 years ago

Melissa,
    Prayers and hugs coming your way!

Sally

• melissa968
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you all for your prayers. Had the surgery yesterday and came through it fine. The surgeon ended up having to make a larger incision than she had planned. The two lumps weren't as close together as she had thought. Am home recuperating now (good drugs to help with that!). Now will have to wait until Monday for the results of the biopsy.
    Melissa

• mirren
    17 years ago

Hi Melissa - Glad to hear you are all done with that step. Now you just relax and rest up. No need to worry until you have something to worry about. Good thoughts to you. Mirren

• sew_self-taught
    17 years ago

Melissa Â

I have been thinking of you all week. And IÂm wishing you the very best for today. (((hugs)))

Nina

• nana24
    17 years ago

Melissa, How are you doing? Do you have any news.

Prayers and hugs coming your way.

Sally

• deannabsd
    17 years ago

Melissa,
    I keep wondering how you are doing since I believe you had an appointment this week. Prayers and hugs for you. Deanna

• melissa968
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and concern. Mostly, thank you so very much for your prayers----they worked!! Lumps were just cysts and dense fibrous tissue. I was so relieved, as were my husband and daughters--and, of course, my mother! Hopefully will be around for a long, long time to come!

I was very sorry to hear about bitsandpieces. Someone, somewhere, sometime soon needs to find a cure for cancer. I keep giving and giving to the Cancer Foundation and to St. Jude. They need all the money they can get to fund the research needed to find a cure. Please, please support these foundations in whatever way you can. Cancer can strike anyone at any time.

Melissa

• sew_self-taught
    17 years ago

Oh Melissa IÂm so happy to hear your great news! IÂve been checking in to see how you are. How wonderful that your long wait is over. IÂm very relieved for you and your family!

I wish I could think of something better to say after what we learned today....All I can think of is that I do wish everyone could have the good news you did.

IÂm very happy for you Melissa!

Nina

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Melissa, Wonderful news for you!!!! But, who knows what they were when you requested prayer.....I, personally, know of tumors that have actually disappeared after having prayer. The doc had both exrays up there and he was shaking his head all befuddled.

I continue to support the foundations in searching for a cancer cure. That nasty disease has touched all our lives in one way or another!

SharonG/FL

• glassquilt
    17 years ago

I'm very happy for you. It's such a relief to get good news after days of worry.

• mirren
    17 years ago

Oh Melissa I am so happy for you and your family.

• biwako_of_abi
    17 years ago

Guess I missed this thread, but after reading it all, I'm so happy for you that it wasn't cancer. My favorite cousin, who was like an older sister to me, and my mother both died of breast cancer. That was 27 and 25 years ago, and there are a lot of new ways to fight it now (We have a friend who has been fighting it for around 10 years and is still able to hold down a job.), but I know it is still scary.

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996