Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scootersgirl_gw

Hey all,

scootersgirl
16 years ago

Just wanted to say "HI." I haven't been around much lately so wanted to let you all know what is going on and that I've been missing you. My baby is now 14 months old (how time flies). I just graduated college with a BS in business management last month so I now have more time for sewing. The baby is also sharing his brother's room instead of sleeping in the sewing room so that is even more time to sew. WoooHooo! I'm very excited. I will be posting pictures of the UFOs that have accumulated over the last 3 yrs in the next couple of months.

This is my first picture. I know it's not a quilt but I'm very proud of it. It's a crochet table cloth I promised my sister 6 yrs ago. Now I just have to send it off.

This picture shows only one side. It's about the size of a queen bed, that's what I used to block it after washing.

Thanks for looking,

Georgia

Comments (13)

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

Wow Georgia, I love all 5 of my sisters but I am afraid I would be keeping that one and they could just come over to visit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love to crochet and I know exactly how much time you invested in that beautiful table cloth.
    And with 2 small ones I don't know how you find time to do anything, you must not like to sleep.
    Congrats on the degree.
    Rosa

• nana24
    16 years ago

I'm drooling. It is really beautiful. I don't crochet but I know it is tons of work.

Congrats on your baby and your degree!

Keep the pictures coming.
    Sally

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

Beautiful tablecloth! Are you sure your sister remembers? Maybe you could keep it. @:) There's tons of work in it and I don't know how you managed to remember where you were after laying it down and starting again! Crocheting lace around a hanky was about as lacy as I got.....and that was years ago when my eyes could handle it.

SharonG/FL

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

You crocheted that?!!!?? HOLY COW WOMAN, that is Awesome!!! I would be very proud of that too.

Glad you're getting more time for your crafts. You must feel proud to be finished with your degree as well.

Congrats all around!!!!!

• grammyp
    16 years ago

DH and I were just talking about you last week and wondering where you had been. Congrats and WOW! That is fantastic, my hands hurt just looking at it.

beverly

• easystitches
    16 years ago

That is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!
    It's just lovely. Your sister must be soooo very special!
    Jill

• day2day
    16 years ago

What a fantastic job you've done. So much work. Your sister is very lucky.
    ~Geraldine

• sew_self-taught
    16 years ago

Oh wow! I donÂt even know what to say! Amazing and gorgeous and elegant to say the least! I am so impressed.

Nina

• scootersgirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It's funny we used to fight so much when we were growing up. She is 18 months younger than me and we had to share everything from our room to our clothes. We sure used to have some knock down drag out fights. But now even though she lives in ID and I live in SC we talk nearly everyday, about eveything from our kids to our gardens and our husbands and our crafty projects. She is my best friend and keeps me from being lonely when my husband out.

• nana24
    15 years ago

Georgia,
    I know what you mean, my younger sis is 2 yrs younger and we had fights as we were growing up but we are very close and have a great love for each other. We live about 3 hrs. away from each other but we keep in touch; not daily but often. I have 4 other sisters older than myself and love them everyone. The one next to me is 8 years older but the ages get closer every year. Sisters are special. Would not know about brother since I have none.

We are all grandmothers now and my 3 oldest sisters are great grandmothers. I love this role!

Hope you will come to this site often. I've found people here friendly and helpful.

Sally

• biwako_of_abi
    15 years ago

That is one awesome tablecloth! I used to do a lot of crocheting and know how much effort goes into all that fillet work (I've forgotten the term for it--I mean all those double crochets making up the square-holed "net" effect that is the background for the cloth.) Lovely pattern, too. It is just gorgeous! I have made numerous tops and "jackets" in my day, but never attempted anything so huge.

• gerizone5
    15 years ago

That is gorgeous. Your sister is very lucky.

• wendyfaye
    15 years ago

Georgia, WOW! Great looking tablecloth, certainly the makings of an heirloom.

Nice to hear from you and congratulations on your graduation.

14 months? How our baby has grown.

Cheers
    Faye

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax