Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

3-25 Blessings/thanksgivings

grammyp
17 years ago

It is spring and things are beginning to warm up. It is so wonderful to see the hills covered in the many colors of blooms and greens as the trees put on their new leaves. I love this time of year (except for the yellow pollen covering everything in sight).

beverly

Comments (10)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

I thought I had posted about my friend in Canada who has numerous blockages, but I can't find it......anyway, she ended up having surgery on one of the blockages in her neck yesterday. They said it is a very high risk operation for having a stroke during surgery, but she is at a higher risk of a stroke if they don't operate. She came thru it ok and they think she might even be able to come home tomorrow! I was doing a happy dance before I even had coffee this morning when I read the email!!! Thank You, Lord!

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That is so good Sharon. I don't remember reading about her, but I am so thankful she is going home.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

She got to come home today!!! They might do the other side of her neck in a few weeks, but want to wait and see. I told her DH to put his honey-do-list by her chair so she could keep adding to it!!!! He's been doing everything but the cooking because she wasn't allowed.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Great news. Before long she will have to go back to housework so she better rest up now.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

With all the hoop-la that's going on, DH and I forgot today is our anniversary! We've made it to 48 years!! With the way a lot of marriages go today, I think that's a big blessing.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Happy aniversary to you, give hubby a big ol hug! 48 years is great. I hope to be there someday too. We are 26 and counting.

beverly

• fatquarters
    17 years ago

Happy Anniversary Sharon. How wonderful. 48 years- You are surely blessed and so is your DH

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Thank you......for our anniversary, we went to the airport (left at 4pm got back at 10:30pm) to pick up 9 yo DGD from Indiana who is staying with us for a week. We had the other DGD (13 yo) with us so stopped at McD's drive-thru (we are such big spenders) for our anniversary dinner. We hope to do something special for the 50th. I told the kids, I don't want a big shin-dig but would like a long week-end with just them and their families somewhere....maybe around Pigeon Forge.

The first thing the stewardess said, "She is a talker!" Yes, she is. *smile*

SharonG/FL

• nana24
    17 years ago

Sharon,
    Happy 48th anniversary-a couple of days late. I have been out of pocket and also forget this place on the forum. Hope you are having a great time with your GD this weekend.
    My DH and I have been married 40 years to be 41 in Oct. My goal is to get to 50. You are right we seem to be unusual in this day but I thank God for the 40 we have had and look forward to the rest of our lives together.
    Again, Happy Anniversary!!!

Sally

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Sally, We're having a good time with her. This is the first time she's been here by herself, but she's doing good. It helps that we have a couple of youngsters living next door. They took her swimming at the Springs yesterday and I think we'll take her to the beach tomorrow.

Congratz to you and your DH for making it to your 40th anniversary. It seems to me that people don't want to make the effort, or they don't know what the word 'vows' mean. I know there are circumstances when people shouldn't stay together (there are plenty in my own family), but......I don't know.....it's just sad that there aren't more good examples in the world, including TV shows. Seems like morals and committments have gone down the tubes in America.

Hope I haven't offended anyone.......

SharonG/FL