Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

We've Come To A Milestone

If DH and I wake up tomorrow, March 28, 2009, we will have reached our 50th Wedding Anniversary. @:) I still have the candleholders that were on our table, napkins, rice and the three tiered candy holder (but it's cracked).

SharonG/FL

Comments (12)

• deannabsd
    15 years ago

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and I am shouting!! How nice to have those momentos. I think I got rid of my candle as it was kind of melted but I do think I have my cake topper. That would mean I would have to clean!!

Have a great day. Deanna

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Super Congratulations!!! Not many couples these days get to this milestone! It's always wonderful when they do, though!

I joke with my DH about our 50th....of course, this year we're celebrating our 10th, so we have a ways to go yet! At our 50th, I expect we'll be in rocking chairs at the retirement home! lol

• solstice98
    15 years ago

OMG what a wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations to you both! Jim and I are 'only' on our 33rd year and I thought that was doing pretty good! Seriously, you are blessed to have had someone by your side for 50 years. I am happy for you.

Kate

• gininmn
    15 years ago

Happy 50th Anniversary, Sharon and DH. That's a wonderful milestone to reach. Do you have special plans for celebrating tomorrow?

Ginny

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for all the Happy Anniversaries, blessings and congratulations.

Deanna, Come to think of it, I must have the bride and groom that was on the cake....or not, the big lace skirt on the bride was nasty the last time I saw it so maybe I tossed it. I've been doing a lot of that lately!

Jennifer, We've been very fortunate in our health. So far the kids haven't committed us. And they're also making sure we're able to still live in our own home. @:)

Kate, You and your DH 'are' doing good with 33 years! Just keep going...and going and going....

Ginny, No special plans. Last year we tossed around the idea of having the whole family get together for a week-end around Sevierville TN and everyone could do what they wanted but we'd get together every evening. With the things that have happened in our family since then, we really didn't feel like getting it set up and celebrating. So, the 3 daughters spread the word to the rest of the family and we've been having a surprise card shower. We'll probably just go out to eat with DD#3 and her family here in town.....and that's ok.

Sharon

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

Congratulations Sharon! That's great! DH and I will celebrate our 40th in September. I still have the cake topper from our cake. I had it out of the cupboard last year to show DD when she was planning her wedding.
    Linda OH

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Have a very happy anniversary. What a great milestone you have reached. I hope you have a great dinner.

We will celebrate 29 years in August.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you Linda and Beverly. We had a good time last night. Ended up with 11 of us there and of course they asked how we met etc etc....had some good laughs and it's a good thing the youngsters were at the other end of the table. Clay stopped at the florist to get me a corsage and told the gal we were going out for our 50th anniversary. She asked what color gown I'd be wearing. He told it would probably be a sweatshirt! I did gussy up a bit (even wore heels) but it was far from a gown!

Ok, the next goal is 60......

SharonG/FL

• deannabsd
    15 years ago

So Sharon,
    Are you going to share with us those juicy tidbits that the youngsters didn't get to hear??? Or would it have to be sensored? Again, Happy anniversary.

Deanna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deanna, Some of it might be sensored!!!! LOLOLOL We received 14 cards in the mail today.....what fun....some of these people I haven't seen in years!!! Wouldn't you know, the card that had cash in it was barely sealed. Yep, it was DD#2. Don't know what she was thinking...but, it's par for her.

I'll share this little tidbit....one of my elementary teachers (can't remember which one) wrote on my report card, "Sharon plays well with clay." Guess she could see into the future!!! LOLOLOL

Sharon

• agoldencomet
    14 years ago

A little late - but Congratulations!!
    goldie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you, Goldie.