Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deannabsd

March KOKO

deannabsd
15 years ago

Good morning friends,

March is here and that means we are that much closer to those bikini bodies!!! Just had to throw that it.

I am trying very hard to get back into an exercise routine and also to push away from the computer and devote that time to some spiritual reading during lent.Hope that you are all well and enjoying more hours of daylight.

KOKO Deanna

Comments (16)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    15 years ago

Bikini??? LOLOLOL...that'll be the day! It's been so cold here, I don't even want to get dressed!

Not much new going on here.....had a huge Live Oak tree taken down yesterday. Discovered there was a Flying Squirrels nest in it so left a tall 'stump' so they could keep their nest. We're all about nature here and not good looks. There's so much building going on the little animals don't have anywhere to go, so instead of taking down all the trees and vines, we've kept the back yard part of our property unkempt and jungley. We're kind of in the boonies even though the mall (which has no fabric store) is only 1 mile away.

I'm making headway on quilting and hope to have the borders on a top by days end.

Sharon

• salijo
    15 years ago

Don't forget to mention the swamp and the alligator that lives in it that is also in your backyard!
    Salijo

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Sharon, I haven't heard about your pet alligator.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    15 years ago

No pet gator!!! It was when we were flooded a few years ago. Clay even had good sized fish swimming around in his bonsai area. And yes, there was a gator in the neighborhood swimming from backyard to backyard. It sure kept the kids from wading and playing in the water. OK, our jungle gets kind of swampy during the rainy season, other times, it's fine. I'm more concerned about the snakes..they even climb the trees...no thanks!

Sharon

• salijo
    15 years ago

Not to mention the neighbor's now deceased pet peacock that used to roost on their garage roof!!!

...ah the joys of rural living!
    Salijo

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    15 years ago

Now, we don't know that Slick is deceased! A wild peacock came along, hung around for awhile and then they both took off! I still have peacock feathers from when he molted. sigh....he was fun to watch.

Sharon

• deannabsd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello all

I have been camping out in my dd apt. for 4 days as we are attending a bball tourney for colleges. It is the summit league and has teams from North and South Dakota, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Utah, Michigan, and Louisiana. We will see our 13th game this afternoon and will hopefully head home as another winter mix is here. We will end up skipping the mens game tonight to get home. So watch the news for our SDSU Ladies (Jackrabbitts) as we are hopefully headed to the big tourney. We know one of the players.

I have been using a portable dvd player to do the one mile walk video and tried to walk a little at the arena but not much room with all the vendors.

Anxious to get home as I took my machine in for a tune up and have some sewing to do. Take care

KOKO Deanna

• grammyp
    15 years ago

OK everyone, the economic crunch has finally hit home. Administration has declared that since I am a flexi-pool employee I can no longer work a regular schedule. So from now on I can only work if one of the regulars is on vacation. I told them ok, but I need to work, so if I get another job before they need me again, I won't be back. I have 2 more days scheduled, tomorrow and Easter Sunday so Travis can sing with his choir. Guess I will be beating the bushes next week. We have everything paid off, so not in danger of losing house or cars, but my extra spending money will be gone for a while, which means no new fabric. I'll look at it as a stash busting opportunity.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    15 years ago

Deanna, So I need to be cheering for SDSU??? I'll look and see if they're scheduled to play on TV in this area. We watched Notre Dame get slaughtered last night. They were lucky they made it that far! I don't think our Florida Gators are a winning team this year, but a couple years ago it sure was fun to watch them win the big one!

Beverly, You know where your fabric money should come from, Room and Board. Take a Sabbatical and something will come to you. Let us know if you need any special fabric and we'll do what we can.

OK....the rest of you are either (1) out playing in the dirt, (2) holed up wrapped in a quilt by the fireplace, or (3) sitting at the sewing machine. I'm number 3.

Whatever you're doing......KOKO.

Sharon

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Thanks Sharon, I'll give a hollar if I need anything. I think my first goal will be UFO's. But boss thinks after she has to miss her meetings next week so she can work my hours they will let me come back. I'll give them next week and see what happens. DH doesn't know how hard he will be hit yet, but it won't be too bad since most of their cut backs involves not contributing matching funds to the retirement. So his hit will be felt later, but most of the money invested now has been lost anyway, so we can never retire. Off to see what I can get into this morning. MIL has Stanley Steamer coming (again) this morning. Don't know why, or why she didn't tell us till this morning, but they are coming.

Have a great day everyone.
    beverly

• deannabsd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good morning
    Tonight is the draw to see who SDSU plays. I have to work but hopefully someone will pass me a note with the results. Finally am close to having two tops done for quilts that need to be done mid May. I also got fabric for a quilt that needs to be done at the same time. It will be for a star pattern but my DD wants all the stripes to go the same way so the challenge will be in the thinking of the cutting!!
    I had a brain fart and could just not figure out the math for how much backing fabric to buy for one of the projects. I took it in to my husband and he would have had me buying way more fabric than I needed.
    I am back exercising more each day and also eating more each day :(.... Just can't stay away from the snacks.
    Hope that you are all well and guess what it was 50 degrees yesterday. Just beautiful out!!

KOKO deanna

• deannabsd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kinda quiet here. My SDSU Jackrabbits won!!! I hope some of you got a chance to watch on it depending on your area. We will now play on Tuesday night again at 8:30 pm.

I am making a blue and yellow quilt for a girl who is goint to go to college there using the disappearing nine patch. I was able to use up scraps which was nice and I really enjoyed it.

What are all of you working on. Need to go spend a few minutes working out as have been rather neglectful!! Spring is here as we had our first thundershower today.

Stay well, all.

Deanna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    15 years ago

hi Deanna, I've not really working on anything specific..I need to look at my list and see what to prioritize. I have 3 quilts ready for backing, but plan to do that next month. So far, this week is a bust - having a colonoscopy today. Yesterday was spent doing a lot of 'reading'. Saturday is our 50th anniversary but we don't plan on doing anything special as none of us are really jubilant, but we'll probably go out to Beef O'Brady's for wings and watch whatever is on their sports channels. I'll see if I can get your SDSU Jackrabbits tonight, but my Gators play at 9 (with 2 TV's in the living room, I'll be able to keep an eye on your Rabbits). Good luck with your stripes!

Sharon

• deannabsd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Sharon, I hope your colonoscopy goes well and you don't say any crazy stuff like I did when I was under. Also, Happy Anniversary!! Wow! 50 years. I will cheer for your gators if you cheer for my Jack Rabbitts.

I had a friend help me with the stripes and I didn't even bother to try and match them but we got them all going the same direction. My dd will be home in a few weeks to decide how she wants the border to run. So, I also have three tops that are ready to have the backs put on.

We are having blizzards in western south dakota-30-40 inches of snow but we are just having rain and thunderstorms.

Take care all. Deanna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    15 years ago

Deanna, If I said anything crazy, they didn't tell me. They didn't say goodnight or anything.....I was just out and then awake again. I really didn't wake up til this morning. I go back April 1st for a follow-up.

My Gators lost....how about your team?

Glad you're out of the way of the blizzards.....crazy weather!

Good job on the stripes.....it helps to have another person on hand, eh?

I have family coming in from Indiana on April 4th (7 uf 'em) so need to start cooking and freezing....doesn't look like I'll get much quilting done but that's ok.....I love my family and don't get to see them on a regular basis.

have a good day, ya'll and KOKO...

Sharon

• deannabsd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sharon,
    My team lost to Baylor by 2. we had led by as much as 12 in the beginning but got into foul trouble early on and all the shots that went in against TCU just didn't go.

Now we are watching and supporting the Minnesota University at Mankato in the D-2 championship. We have a girl from our high school that plays for them. I think that game is tonight,
    Well I better get off the net as plan to have a quilt finished today. Deanna

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert