Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT: How old are we??

Posted by amazingcm (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 4, 07 at 21:18

What is the average age of this group? I know Kit is very young... But it seems that we have a lot of 50th birthday's going on mine included... Happy Birthday everyone...
grace
I will be 50 on the 19th of Feb.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT: How old are we??

I'll be 55 on March 7th. Since I will finally be able to collect my pension I have not looked forward to a birthday more since I turned 16 or 21!

o

I just turned 25 on January 20. I enjoy being a younger quilter, it means being spoiled by the grandmas in the quilt shop who have kids/grands who don't sew. They all mooned over the birthday blocks today when I took them in to match borders/sashing. They helped me find the perfect fabrics. (pics to follow momentarily)

o

I'll be 50 tomorrow.

Mary

o

Well, I'm still a youngster in my 40's. (for another 25 days).

Faye

o

eeek, I'm old as dirt--64!

o

Yep, I'll be 50 on St Patrick's Day.
Linda

o

54 and happy birthday Mary C

o

44 here!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY!!!

Lisa

o

I am 59 until September.

o

Thank you Red and Lisa - But it's Kelly's (lotstodo) birthday, too!

Happy birthday Kelly!!

Mary

o

I'm 35 until June. Happy B'day Mary!

Stephanie

o

I turned 53 in January but don't feel old!
Happy Birthday Mary!

o

I'm 60. Happy b'day.

o

I'm 59 until November! Happy Birthday Mary C and Kelly(lotstodo).

o

33 here. Where did my 20's go?

Rebecca

o

59,,,Waahhhhh!!!!!!

o

I'll be 53 in September.

Happy Birthday Mary.

beverly

o

Will be 66 here on the 28th of this month, I,m I the oldest in the forum????
Gillian.

o

I'll be 39 on the 18th of Feb. Grace we almost get to share a birthday!

GIllian, the 28th was my grandmother's birthday.
Sue, my MIL's birthday is March 7th!

o

And I'm 47....so there is quite a range.
I think Rene claims being the Matriarch, but I'm not sure if she is owning up! LOL

It is quite a nice range of ages really.

Anne

o

I'm 62 and loving retirement!
Jean

o

I think Maggie Sue and I are the exact same age. I am 59 until November 25.

Happy Birthday, Mary!

o

I'll be 67 in Sept.

Happy Birthday to all the February birthday gals.......

SharonG/FL

o

Happy birthday, Kelly & Mary.
I'll be 52 on May 17.
Carolyn

o

Happy birthday, Mary and Kelly!

Jennifer - On a side note... You're now number SEVEN of people I know born on 18 Feb. Once upon a time, 13 years ago on 18 Feb, my neighbor called my dad to come take care of their pets while she and her husband went to the hosptial because she was in labor with her first kid. My younger brother told the guys at the bus stop, and one of them whined "I hope she's not born today! Today's my birthday! Everyone has my birthday!" Since it was also my brother's birthday, but another one of the guys pipped up and said "Today's my birthday, too!"

I'm 20, so DragonGoddess, you're not the youngest, neenerneener! :)

~ Kit

o

Happy Birthday Mary & Kelly.

I turned 50 on August 8. I use to think that was old, but now I realize it's really not.

How did the years go by so fast?

doris=^.^=

o

I am 50 years old now but I don't feel like it.

o

I'm 48 and I don't know know where the time has gone! I want to be 20 again like Kit! LOL no, I don't really. Can't wait til september when I'll be a granny if all goes well.

o

No, Gillian. You aren't the oldest. I'm 67 until June. Does that make Me-e-e the oldest???? Another Wa-a-a
Happy Birthday to all you Feb. girls.
Beebonnet

o

No, Beebonnet, because I'll be 70 in June! Wa-a-a-! But I don't feel like it. When I had bad sciatica pain for a couple of years, from 64 to 66 or so, I felt like 90, so right now (being pain-free) is fine! No complaints. Y'all know what the alternative to getting old is, anyway!!

o

I liked 59 so I decided to stay 59. Forget how many years I've been 59.

o

I turned 50 on January 20. Looks like dragongoddess and I share a birthday.

o

I'll be 50 in June. Seems to be about the average.

o

I'm 53 until September. Amazingcm - great idea to start this!

o

I just turned 50 last November. I believe the 50's have got it. Happy birthdayfor all of you in Feburary.

Nanciii

o

Happy Birthday to you, Mary, too!
I'm 47 today...I also have a student in my class who shares Mary and my birthday. She's promised to bring in cupcakes for us all. (I'll save you one, Mary!).
Thanks for the birthday wishes...
:)Kelly (NH)

o

Staying 39 with a 35 year old daughter. Explain that one!

o

I will be 62 this month.

o

I think I am the oldest. I was 70 in January. Colleen

o

I am 56 years young until October 29. You're as young as you feel! I am looking forward to a 'young' retirement and many years (I hope) to spend with DH and hobbies.

Happy birthday, Mary! My DIL's BD is St. Patrick's Day, too, Linda.
Marcia

o

Looks like I'm in the majority, I'm 50 until May!
Michele

o

I'm 55 until next month. I remember when the speed limit was changed to 55. Does that mean I still have mileage left to go? Happy birthday to the birthday girls!

Kay

o

I was only 49 for the first two days of this year. How'd that happen?

Janet

o

I'll be 50 in June - I can't believe how many of us are 50!
Where did the years go? Honestly, I was 35 just yesterday.
Clara

o

I'm 59. With the 40 posts thus far (mine & last post I see, alabamajanet's), average so far is 52.

Ginny

o

I'm also 50--until April. Once again, I'm perfectly average! Linda

o

I'm 64 for another 6 weeks or so. Busy these days getting all my ducks in a row for Medicare supplemental and Rx insurance - and now looking into longterm care ins. I didn't feel old at all until I started doing all that! I'm NOT old - just on paper!
Happy Birthday Mary c and Kelly (Lots2Do)!!!

o

I'm another Feb. birthday--67 on the 21st. But I think the new knee I got a year ago knocks a few years off LOL. I think everyone here is very young at heart in spite of their ages.
Happy birthday Mary c. Hope you're having a wonderful day.

o

Oh yikes, I turn 65 in May. Good thing is I can stop paying these horrendous health insurance premiums and pay Medicare supplements instead.

o

I'll be sixty-two in September and ready to collect that social security I'm due...my LQS will be so pleased.....Happy Birthday to all...

o

I am 55 until May 22nd..also I remember my mom saying..I am not old, I am older...since Im getting up there in age, I have to agree with her..Happy Birthday to everybody in the month of February.....Judy

o

I turned 45 last August. When my guild took a bus trip to the quilt show in Jacksonville last September, I won the prize for being the youngest one on the bus! :)

Donna

o

Well gals, on March 19 I will be 71 years old, I just can't believe it! the only thing that works fairly well is my brain, and some of that is missing LOL Rene

o

Well, Lucy!! I can explain being 39 with a 35 yo daughter...she's really your husband's 2nd wife, right? Or a step-daughter? Or really your sister in disguise! LOL

o

Good Morning! I'm home from school today because of the weather-yeah!!!! I just turned 48 last month. Happy Birthday to all those celebrating in February! Judy

o

I'm 47, and wish I was retired so I could do more quilting and gardening.

o

Well I guess it's my turn to add my age. I get to go into the 20's age group for a few more months. I am 29 until June 2.

My sister-in-law and husband nearly had breakdowns when they turned 30. They thought they were getting so old. My DH turned 35 this year and keeps joking about how decrepid he is. I can't wait really. Not at all worried about saying I am 30. I will just be more distinguished. I still look really young. I get carded still for every stinken thing.

Oh and Happy Birthday to all of our February birthdays.

Amy

o

I'll be 42 in May.

o

I think I'm fitting right in with the average....51 here.

o

I am 34. My b-day is in July.

o

I had to state my age on some paperwork the other day and I completely forgot how old I was. I had to do the math from my date of birth to now, and then I went and asked DH just to be sure. LOL. Im 38 until October.

Happy Birthday to all our February ladies!

Nina

o

I'm 39 till Nov 20. NOT looking forward to my forties but I'm sure they will be great!

Vasu

o

Guess I'm on the lower end of the totem pole at 27 (jan 21) but I can tell you my kids make me feel way older. I might be ok if I could steal some of their energy:) 3 boys from 4-8 ACH, someone should have warned me...lol

Lynette

o

No, my oldest daughter is really mine.....I have been 39 for a very long time now and staying there, LOL!

o

Another 50! I will be 50 on the 12th of this month.

Tamie

o

I will be 49 in September and have told my family that will be the last one we count!! gifts for my day yes, but no more years added on!
Karen L

o

I'll be 44 on April 1st....no joke.....ha ha ha.

Nicki

o

Rene: You and my DH share a birthday.

Scraphappy and Fran: You are going to love being on Medicare! It was such a relief after Blue Shield, which kept leaping higher and higher every birthday. MUCH higher and higher. One of the few things that made us look forward to reaching 65!

o

I'm 46 and soon to be average I think. Boy is there ever a lot around the BIG 50

o
RE: :OT: How old are we??

Rene: I hereby gracefully cede the title of "Oldest on the Forum" to you! You beat me by about a year and three months. No, I just realized that Colleen has turned 70 already, so it is for her to concede. LOL So I'll only be 3rd oldest.
It's nice to know everyone's ages; I think I'll put them with your pictures, which I have saved from the "Faces for Bon" thread.

o

I turned 57 Jan 16.
Your chronological age is no big deal, it's your state of mind, health & attitude that count. I have an 88 year old girlfriend that can run circles around me!
I'm anxious for medicare too. Our ins prem for my husband & I just went up to $818 a month and that's with a $2000 deductable, that's almost $10,000 a year....it's sickening. We can't afford any more increases...heck, we can't afford this increase.

o

How about 64 on Thursday (2/8) WOW! All those 50 year olds here...

o

Nicki, my DH's boss's birthday is August 1 and he always says he was an April Fool's baby 4 months late!

Donna

o

I turned 62 in September. My first two SS checks bought my Janome 1600P and Grace Pro frame, so it was a good birthday! I'll probably be 72 by the time I learn to use them proficiently!!

Bonnie

o

Finally....I am above average!!!! I will be 55 next month.

Happy birthday wishes to all of the February birthdays!

Mary

o

Rene, I cede the title of oldest to you. I am really younger than my children since when I turned 39 I told them that I was now going backwards age wise. Colleen

o

I'm technically still in my 50's until September when I turn 60. I still would rather get older than the alternative - wouldn't all of you?

o

I am 41. When I turned 40 I said "How could this happen to me????" But considering the alternative, I've bounced back. Now that I'm happily married, as long as we both can stay healthy I'm not paranoid about "getting old" like I used to be.

o

I made 55 this pass Dec. 1

o

I was 64 in December, and mighty glad to BE 64 - or ANY age, really...a few life threatening diseases sure convince you of the wonderfulness of whatever age you are! However, I remember when I was VEEEEERY young and callow, I decided that, rather than have to deduct years when I got older, I would simply have every birthday twice while I was still young ...sounded like a plan to me.....until some nosey parker, hearing I was having a birthday, asked my daughter how old I was going to be...and she said "she's going to be 24 again"...so, I scrapped the plan and decided to 'fess up' to whatever age I was! We've laughed about that every birthday since!

o

Yeah, looking forward to March, and Medicare. After paying the rates for Cobra ins. (from DH's employee ins) the Medicare rates look real good! We ARE as old as we feel - attitude is everything! Some friends and I went to a "pre"-estate sale (family was letting members of the Guild have first chance) of fabric, notions, blocks, tops, etc. of a 93-year old (93!!) who still lived alone at home, still was quilting - in fact there was a quilt-in-progress there that still had several needles in it. There were stacks and stacks of folded fabric and some bolts, and boxes of blocks - she must have thought she could go on and on with it all - attitude! I bought a nice little wooden floor quilt rack, and of course, lots of her fabric!

o

I'm 38 but will be 39 on Thursday 2/8. My mom told me that time goes faster the older you are and she was right - each year zips by a little bit faster....
MaryP

o

How interesting, were 1956-57 especially creative years? I turn 50 in April.

o

Just turned 43 last month... Vasu, 40's are great! I had no idea, but like being 40-ish better than any age before (well, 30 was actually pretty good for me ;))

Cheryl

o

I'm 55 until April 2nd.
byrdseay

o

I'll be 55 in October...and I feel like I'm 25....;-)

Connie

o

I'm 28. I may not be the oldest, or youngest, but I bet I'm the tallest... 6'2"!
Mary

o

I'm going to be in that "70" group come August...Of course I now have 5 kids that are older than me...It's hard to believe, me 70, I feel 1/2 that.....
Dorothy

o

Looks like i'm the fourth oldest.I'll be 69 march 6th,and dh will be 70 march 25th.
I tell everyone i'm like whine and cheese,i get better with age.
Kathi

o

As of Sunday, the 4th, I'm now 51. Just how in Sam Hill did this happen? LOL

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

41 here :)

Here is a link that might be useful: the wandering quilter's life in a box!

o

Now, c'mon ladies, we all know why 1953 to 1957 were so popular. Korea ended, and all those lonely servicemen came home. Mini baby boom!

o

I'm 55 until september

o

I turned 67 on Dec. 30th. so it looks as though I'm the fifth oldest.

Happy Birthday to all celebrating February birthdays!
Kay

o

Checking in at 62. ...and glad to be here!

BTW, great thread!
Gwen

o

I forgot....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of you with Feburary birthdays. There sure are a lot of you!

o

I'll be 48 next month--looking forward to 50. I should get a new sewing machine or a new sewing machine cabinet to celebrate!

o

40 until July and loving every minute of it. Not nearly as awful as 30 was!

Marie in Michigam

o

Wellllll, when I started reading the postings, I was keeping track on my fingers of where I fell in line, but heck, I had to take off my shoes. I'm part of the SIXTIES BUNCH... will be 65 in May. And I guess every peddler of insurance knows it since I'm getting all kinds of info on which company and plan I should use to supplement Medicare. MEDICARE... somehow 65 doesn't do much since I'm lucky to have as good a health as I've always had (chose great genes!) but to be going on MEDICARE>>>> ACHHHHHHHHHHH! Luckily I have good insurance through my teachers retirement so don't have to do anything but trash all the "junk mail" on this subject!

o

hello ladies, i don't post much but i read the post often..lol i have learned so much from your ideas and topics as well as advise for others.. i am 28 until july 30th. and i have a daughter who is 8 in the third grade. and i have been married for 10 years in june. erica

o

Well, so far the average age is 49.

o

57 here! I don't know how that happened either. I don't feel that old MOST of the time.
Linda OH

o

34...until Cinco de Mayo. The years are slipping away. At least my hubby is 10 months older than me. ;)

Darla

o

Turning 59 in May...happy to be alive and healthy, at any age!

o

Like Polardream, I turned 53 in January.

o

I can put the average up as I am 73!! Not on any medication, pretty mobile, can get down on the floor and up again and have almost all my teeth !! I tell you girls, I am really grateful.!!!

o

Kathryni
you'll have to move back a number - I'll be 68 in June and thankfully retiring the end of this year.

Carolyn

o

Well, I don't feel old, but I do feel average. I'm 49.25, turning 50 in November. :D

The Other Marcia

o

Hi,
I'll be 59 on Feb.29th.I'll just have to use the 28th.Like to at least celebrate in Feb.

o

Well Shirl, I hand the crown over to you our Queen Mother, but I'm still next in line for the crown, LOL Rene I love my age!

o

36 today!!

o

This has been interesting to read. I'm 49 till October. Happy Birthday stashie, mary c, and kelly. How exciting to have so many people with the same birthday or close to the same day. My husband and I have the same birthday.

o

I'll be 54 April 2..same day as byrdseay..and Omar Sharif!LOL.
Happy Birthday today stashie!

o

I will be the big five o on Sept. 24, I don't know where the time went, but with 3 grandkids and my oldest son will be 30 this year I guess I can figure it out.

o

I will be 57 in November. Looking forward to retirement some day.

o

Age: 65 and using Medicare to replace knee on the 12 of March.

Inside I am really 16. The body just won't keep up.
Jo

Here is a link that might be useful: SewitSeams

o

Count me in with the 50 group. Or, as I like to say, I'm 29 + 21 (where the 21 don't count, hehe).

o

I am 54 (November18).
I can honestly say I would not go back to any previous age, especially my 20's.
Life for me has gotten much better with age!!!!! Can't say that for the body LOL!!!!
I just have a much younger DH, he's been holding at 39 for 16 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rosa

o

Well I might as well join in.
The calendar says I am 65 until August.

My mind thinks I am in my 20's especially when I hear the music from then. But when my back
problem acts up, the body thinks it is probably around 90.

Haven't been 90 so don't really know that feeling yet,

Just hope I make it until then.

Happy Birthday to all February Ladies.

Jacke

o

I am 23 and I too, am looking forward to retirement! So that would make it 50 years to go...the countdown is on!

o

Count me in with the 50's group; until September when I will be 52. I got a senior discount at the gym where I work out at and hated to complain about a 20% discount. D

o

LOL jmcocoa! I thought that way when I was your age. Now that retirement is almost around the corner, and while I am looking forward to leaving the rat race (though I do love my job), it does feel, um, strange (for lack of a better word) to know that I'm at "that age" with so many years behind me. In other words -- don't rush it, you'll be there before you know it. <:-o

Jen

o

This October I will celebrate the 40th anniversary of my 21st birthday. I couldn't wait to turn 60. At this age I can get away with a lot more than I did at 50!

o

Just turned 51 this month. I'm glad that I'm in such good company.

o

lol...I believe I was in denial when I somehow missed this thread of messages back in February. Now that I just finished and sent my April "Sunbonnet Susies" birthday block, I am now faced with reality: I'm the next birthday block girl - I turn 50 on May 6. FIFTY! To be honest, I feel like I'm still in my 30's on most days. My life is filled with a wonderful man, a wonderful family, and an amazing group of friends. They all keep me active and young at heart!

Judy in Massachusetts

o

Judy - Fifty is only a number - we are as old as we feel - I've known women who are in their 70's who have the spirit and energy of someone much younger, and I know women in their 40's who are old before their time! My personal philosophy is that "old is about 20 years older than you are!" - and the concept of "old" keeps changing as I age.

o

I'll be the big 5 O in September. I don't feel my age either. Only when the kids start having their birthdays. My oldest son will be 30 this year. I don't know where the time went, he is still 7 years old in my mind

o

I'll be 64 in July - only one more year to the Old Age Pension (Canada) I'm going to be a great grandma in three months which is making me feel ancient.

o

Grandmaquilts, it is when the kids and nieces and nephews, and then the grandkids start having kids it makes you think of the time passing.
I was complaining to my Mom about my son turning 30 this year and making me feel old.

She said and I quote " how do you think I feel my daughter will be 50", so I just shut my mouth. LOL
Liz

o

I'm the fourth youngest by technicality, as I turned 27 on February 14. Lyndawn is the same age, but her birthday is before mine. :D

o

Well, I turned 40 a week ago...on the 8th of April. I had a hard time with it....then my brother called. Needless to say, he didn't make me feel any better!!! haha
Susie

o

Well, I happened to come across this thread, and was surprised at how many of us are 50 this year or will be turning 50!

I turned 50 in April, guess 1957 was a busy year. Glad that so many of you are my peers!

o

I am 17 will be turning 18 Septemeber 9.

o

I am 55,will turn 56 on January 1,2008,2008.

o

You see the way things go downhill at this age. Didn"t preview that message very keenly. If only it was just my sight that was going!!!LOL....Geraldine

o

I was 59 again a couple of days ago.

o

I'm sixty now and have to be reminded that some people think of that as elderly. In my mind, I got stuck somewhere in my forties, a very good decade to be in. Retirement? What's that?

o

I just turned 70 but I'm sticking to 45...It's neat to have 4 of my kids older than me....Boy where did the time go?
Dorothy

o

I just turned 54 on July 10th.

Kathi

o

I missed this thread in the spring, but count me in the 50 something group too......53 WOW is right, where has that time gone! Jill

o

I was 74 last May 4 but I feel like 50, does that count?
Jayne

o

I am 19, i will be 20 on December 23rd. I was a little happy to know i am not the youngest, I always feel like i am the only person my age that quilts. All of my friends think i am weird because I love to Sew....

Leah

o

I am a very OLD 46 year old. I wished I was like the one of you in their 70' that can get down on the floor and get back up again. Nope, I have many health issues and they age you.

Vicky

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here