Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amazingcm

OT: How old are we??

amazingcm
17 years ago

What is the average age of this group? I know Kit is very young... But it seems that we have a lot of 50th birthday's going on mine included... Happy Birthday everyone...

grace

I will be 50 on the 19th of Feb.

Comments (143)

• kathryni
    17 years ago

I turned 67 on Dec. 30th. so it looks as though I'm the fifth oldest.

Happy Birthday to all celebrating February birthdays!
    Kay

• sunnycentralfl
    17 years ago

Checking in at 62. ...and glad to be here!

BTW, great thread!
    Gwen

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I forgot....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of you with Feburary birthdays. There sure are a lot of you!

• anitastitch
    17 years ago

I'll be 48 next month--looking forward to 50. I should get a new sewing machine or a new sewing machine cabinet to celebrate!

• digger
    17 years ago

40 until July and loving every minute of it. Not nearly as awful as 30 was!

Marie in Michigam

• connie_in_western_nc
    17 years ago

Wellllll, when I started reading the postings, I was keeping track on my fingers of where I fell in line, but heck, I had to take off my shoes. I'm part of the SIXTIES BUNCH... will be 65 in May. And I guess every peddler of insurance knows it since I'm getting all kinds of info on which company and plan I should use to supplement Medicare. MEDICARE... somehow 65 doesn't do much since I'm lucky to have as good a health as I've always had (chose great genes!) but to be going on MEDICARE>>>> ACHHHHHHHHHHH! Luckily I have good insurance through my teachers retirement so don't have to do anything but trash all the "junk mail" on this subject!

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

hello ladies, i don't post much but i read the post often..lol i have learned so much from your ideas and topics as well as advise for others.. i am 28 until july 30th. and i have a daughter who is 8 in the third grade. and i have been married for 10 years in june. erica

• glassquilt
    17 years ago

Well, so far the average age is 49½.

• lindaoh_gw
    17 years ago

57 here! I don't know how that happened either. I don't feel that old MOST of the time.
    Linda OH

• crafteedee
    17 years ago

34...until Cinco de Mayo. The years are slipping away. At least my hubby is 10 months older than me. ;)

Darla

• gauralady
    17 years ago

Turning 59 in May...happy to be alive and healthy, at any age!

• cheryl_down_under
    17 years ago

Like Polardream, I turned 53 in January.

• shirl_uk
    17 years ago

I can put the average up as I am 73!! Not on any medication, pretty mobile, can get down on the floor and up again and have almost all my teeth !! I tell you girls, I am really grateful.!!!

• barker_tx
    17 years ago

Kathryni
    you'll have to move back a number - I'll be 68 in June and thankfully retiring the end of this year.

Carolyn

• trifles
    17 years ago

Well, I don't feel old, but I do feel average. I'm 49.25, turning 50 in November. :D

The Other Marcia

• true4uca
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I'll be 59 on Feb.29th.I'll just have to use the 28th.Like to at least celebrate in Feb.

• Rene54
    17 years ago

Well Shirl, I hand the crown over to you our Queen Mother, but I'm still next in line for the crown, LOL Rene I love my age!

• stashie
    17 years ago

36 today!!

• tdsully
    17 years ago

This has been interesting to read. I'm 49 till October. Happy Birthday stashie, mary c, and kelly. How exciting to have so many people with the same birthday or close to the same day. My husband and I have the same birthday.

• Woodsy
    17 years ago

I'll be 54 April 2..same day as byrdseay..and Omar Sharif!LOL.
    Happy Birthday today stashie!

• lizh5
    17 years ago

I will be the big five o on Sept. 24, I don't know where the time went, but with 3 grandkids and my oldest son will be 30 this year I guess I can figure it out.

• Nancy Morris
    17 years ago

I will be 57 in November. Looking forward to retirement some day.

• josnail
    17 years ago

Age: 65 and using Medicare to replace knee on the 12 of March.

Inside I am really 16. The body just won't keep up.
    Jo

Here is a link that might be useful: SewitSeams

• jenn
    17 years ago

Count me in with the 50 group. Or, as I like to say, I'm 29 + 21 (where the 21 don't count, hehe).

• rosajoe_gw
    17 years ago

I am 54 (November18).
    I can honestly say I would not go back to any previous age, especially my 20's.
    Life for me has gotten much better with age!!!!! Can't say that for the body LOL!!!!
    I just have a much younger DH, he's been holding at 39 for 16 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rosa

• smokiescrafter
    17 years ago

Well I might as well join in.
    The calendar says I am 65 until August.

My mind thinks I am in my 20's especially when I hear the music from then. But when my back
    problem acts up, the body thinks it is probably around 90.

Haven't been 90 so don't really know that feeling yet,

Just hope I make it until then.

Happy Birthday to all February Ladies.

Jacke

• jmcocoa
    17 years ago

I am 23 and I too, am looking forward to retirement! So that would make it 50 years to go...the countdown is on!

• deannabsd
    17 years ago

Count me in with the 50's group; until September when I will be 52. I got a senior discount at the gym where I work out at and hated to complain about a 20% discount. D

• jenn
    17 years ago

LOL jmcocoa! I thought that way when I was your age. Now that retirement is almost around the corner, and while I am looking forward to leaving the rat race (though I do love my job), it does feel, um, strange (for lack of a better word) to know that I'm at "that age" with so many years behind me. In other words -- don't rush it, you'll be there before you know it. <:-o>Jen

• rolsgrl
    17 years ago

This October I will celebrate the 40th anniversary of my 21st birthday. I couldn't wait to turn 60. At this age I can get away with a lot more than I did at 50!

• jensuz
    17 years ago

Just turned 51 this month. I'm glad that I'm in such good company.

• judy333
    17 years ago

lol...I believe I was in denial when I somehow missed this thread of messages back in February. Now that I just finished and sent my April "Sunbonnet Susies" birthday block, I am now faced with reality: I'm the next birthday block girl - I turn 50 on May 6. FIFTY! To be honest, I feel like I'm still in my 30's on most days. My life is filled with a wonderful man, a wonderful family, and an amazing group of friends. They all keep me active and young at heart!

Judy in Massachusetts

• scraphappy
    17 years ago

Judy - Fifty is only a number - we are as old as we feel - I've known women who are in their 70's who have the spirit and energy of someone much younger, and I know women in their 40's who are old before their time! My personal philosophy is that "old is about 20 years older than you are!" - and the concept of "old" keeps changing as I age.

• lizh5
    17 years ago

I'll be the big 5 O in September. I don't feel my age either. Only when the kids start having their birthdays. My oldest son will be 30 this year. I don't know where the time went, he is still 7 years old in my mind

• grandmaquilts
    17 years ago

I'll be 64 in July - only one more year to the Old Age Pension (Canada) I'm going to be a great grandma in three months which is making me feel ancient.

• lizh5
    17 years ago

Grandmaquilts, it is when the kids and nieces and nephews, and then the grandkids start having kids it makes you think of the time passing.
    I was complaining to my Mom about my son turning 30 this year and making me feel old.

She said and I quote " how do you think I feel my daughter will be 50", so I just shut my mouth. LOL
    Liz

• anjea
    17 years ago

I'm the fourth youngest by technicality, as I turned 27 on February 14. Lyndawn is the same age, but her birthday is before mine. :D

• ngmnewlywed
    17 years ago

Well, I turned 40 a week ago...on the 8th of April. I had a hard time with it....then my brother called. Needless to say, he didn't make me feel any better!!! haha
    Susie

• red_clay_soil
    16 years ago

Well, I happened to come across this thread, and was surprised at how many of us are 50 this year or will be turning 50!

I turned 50 in April, guess 1957 was a busy year. Glad that so many of you are my peers!

• endeavor21
    16 years ago

I am 17 will be turning 18 Septemeber 9.

• day2day
    16 years ago

I am 55,will turn 56 on January 1,2008,2008.

• day2day
    16 years ago

You see the way things go downhill at this age. Didn"t preview that message very keenly. If only it was just my sight that was going!!!LOL....Geraldine

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

I was 59 again a couple of days ago.

• calliope
    16 years ago

I'm sixty now and have to be reminded that some people think of that as elderly. In my mind, I got stuck somewhere in my forties, a very good decade to be in. Retirement? What's that?

• irishdancersgram
    16 years ago

I just turned 70 but I'm sticking to 45...It's neat to have 4 of my kids older than me....Boy where did the time go?
    Dorothy

• moogies
    16 years ago

I just turned 54 on July 10th.

Kathi

• easystitches
    16 years ago

I missed this thread in the spring, but count me in the 50 something group too......53 WOW is right, where has that time gone! Jill

• nanajayne
    16 years ago

I was 74 last May 4 but I feel like 50, does that count?
    Jayne

• quiltingleelee
    16 years ago

I am 19, i will be 20 on December 23rd. I was a little happy to know i am not the youngest, I always feel like i am the only person my age that quilts. All of my friends think i am weird because I love to Sew....

Leah

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

I am a very OLD 46 year old. I wished I was like the one of you in their 70' that can get down on the floor and get back up again. Nope, I have many health issues and they age you.

Vicky