Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who's Your Sweetie?

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 12, 10 at 17:36

It's Valentine's weekend....Post pictures......I was 17 and a senior in high school when we met in Dec, 1957, married March, 1959.

March 28, 1959

SharonG/FL (oops....bigger than I thought)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who's Your Sweetie?

Nice looking couple Sharon. I need to look up one of mine.

beverly

o

Please do, Beverly. I'd like to see some 'sweetie' pictures. @:)

o

Oh, a high school romance! Great picture, Sharon!

Jim and I met in 1973 at college and married in 1975. For part of 1974 we did the 1970's hippie thing of traveling throughout Europe with nothing but backpacks and Euro-Rail train passes. Figured if we could survive that we could survive marriage! Guess we were right 'coz we're coming up on 35 years.

I'll see if I can find a picture from those days. I'm sure it will be pretty funny!

Kate

o

Hey Kate - I did the hippie backpacking / hostels / sleeping on trains with Frommer's Book "Europe on $5.00 a Day" or some title like that in 1973. And the Euro- Rail Pass. I did not ever speak or see the guy I traveled with after returning to the US ~LOL~ I married someone else in 1975 - still married - so your "marriage survival test" was accurate.

Sharon - what a beautiful couple you two make! Now who would have thought he would grow up to be a Biker-Harley Tat Guy!!! TOO FUNNY. My sister used to get those curls in her hair - we called them Banana Curls (don't know why).

o

I know what Banana Curls are and I didn't have my hair like that for the wedding. We used to curl just the ends of our hair so that it would roll over all the way around...looked like a huge U as it went almost to my waist. Mom fixed us girls with the Banana Curls and I did my girls when they were young, too. DH was a biker and had tats when I met him. He didn't get any new tats until the latest ones...at least 53 years later! .....memories..... @:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here