Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2-4 blessing/thanksgivings

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 4, 07 at 9:44

After watching the news this weekend and seeing all the videos from Florida I am so thankful to wake up and be safe. I am thankful we have rescue/support people who work so tiresly in stricken areas.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2-4 blessing/thanksgivings

I am also thankful for a warm house and firewood. I am thankful our family is healthy and doing good. I count my blessings when I see the news so much heartache and misery in the world today. Lord please keep the folks in FL safe as they find new homes, friends. Give them strenght.

Nanciii

o

My aunt in MI was watching reports about the tornado and sent this to me:

"Wonder if you happened to see the elderly gentleman (86) who was digging by hand through all his debris, under piles of lumber and tree limbs, etc., all the while the CNN reporter was trying to interview him. He said he was looking for his greatest treasure. Suddenly he screamed, "There it is, that's it!" as he was dragging it out into the open. It was his "MICHIGAN" jacket. He said his daughter gave it to him for Christmas. He struggled to put it on over his dirty, tattered "Michigan" sweatshirt he was wearing."

I'm thankful he found it! I hope there are many other stories like his.

As we watch the news and see the devastation after hurricanes, tornadoes, bombings, etc, we have much to be thankful for.

SharonG/FL

o

I'm thankful I don't have to get out in the minus degree weather they have here in MN......brrrrrrrrrr. Well, I did go out and pull the trash can back up the driveway, but that wasn't for long. Yeppers, mom and I plan to stay in for the duration!.....at least until my sister and her DH gets back from IN.

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here