Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

1-14 diet/exercise/weight loss

grammyp
17 years ago

OK, this starts the last week of our first challenge, 30 minutes of movement daily. Hopefully by now everyone has started getting some exercise(movement) every day. It takes 21 days to start a habbit, we have 7 more to go.

I know it is hard this time of the year to get out and walk, but you do not have to get all your exercise at one time. If you have stairs at home, make some extra trips. Jump rope in the basement, march around the house, lift weights (canned tomatoes work well), dance, ride a stationary bike, see if your rec center has an indoor pool and swim laps, go to the mall and walk an extra lap around before you go home. As long as you get 30 minutes a day it doesn't even have to all at one time.

Just move it!

beverly

Comments (10)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

I walked the mall this morning.....then walked around KMart, then walked around the grocery store. I came home put the groceries away and took a long nap....that's all I've done today....haven't felt good for a couple days...not really sick, but low grade temp, flushed cheeks, sneezing, chilled.

I made a block for QOV last night and want to make a couple more.

Everyone have a good week!

SharonG/FL
    {{!gwi}}

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

You go girlfriend. You are 1/4 of the way there. The hard part (getting started) is over and you are seeing results now. Good for you.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, I tried to get my ticker to show up, but it didn't. How do you do that?

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I think I got it!

beverly
    {{!gwi}}

• deannabsd
    17 years ago

Hello all-greetings from Chilly South Dakota. It was a brisk -17 this AM when I went to work. Did get in my 45 minute workout and ready to head to the basement to do a video. I will be challenged tomorrow as I am going with my husband on a hunting trip and will be in a small motel in a small town. Hopefully it will warm up to go for a walk; but did pack my therabands and will march in place if nothing else. I am in a mile a day challenge for the year and there are CASH prizes so really don't want to miss a day. Stay warm everyone.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deanna, good for you! Does walking/marching in place count as your mile a day? Can you take your videos and do them in the room? It is rather hard to work in everyday, but it will be well worth it.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Beverly, I like your snail ticker. Sometimes it sure seems like slow going, eh?

Deanna, You're doing great! A mile every day?...keep up the good work! I have a DVD for a mile and also a 2-miler. I should do it every day, but so far only do it a couple times a week.

I want to try and get outside more...the basketball diva will be here today so we'll be doing the basketball thing after school is out.

SharonG/FL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

I didn't play basketball yesterday as there were too many people in my driveway already playing and I was afraid of falling....they were big people, too! Plus, the neighbors dog kept coming over and bringing her nasty ball and dropping it for the kids to throw. But, we took the little kids (4 and 6 yo) to the beach, so we walked in the sand and then walked out on the pier and took the long way back....I think that will count for my walk. They waded in the water saying it wasn't all the cold....I told them their feet were just numb and they couldn't feel anything!

I need to go back on Phase 1 for a few days after what I've been eating. I should have left the 'cake' out of my strawberry shortcake and, how can you have chili without cornbread?!

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh Sharon, I know that water was COLD! But kids can take it better than we can. And you can't have chili without cornbread, it just isn't legal. Bread/pasta have been the hardest for me to give up.

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. I'm so glad.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Forgot my new little sticker. The snail is cute isn't he Sharon.

beverly

{{!gwi}}

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville