Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1-14 Blessings/thanksgivings

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 14, 07 at 21:19

DD went to work at 7 this morning and I had the boys all day. DH went on a bike ride this morning and then to work at 2. Both boys were wonderful. I do not think I could manage if they weren't so good, I am so very thankful for that.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1-14 Blessings/thanksgivings

One of the things I'm thankful for......my grandson (from Indiana) called this morning and he, his wife and their children plan to visit us on Wednesday. They are in Orlando taking the kids to Disney. I saw them last summer but DH hasn't seen them in over a year. I think I'll make a pot of chili or maybe chicken and homemade noodles....

SharonG/FL

o

What a wonderful surprise. Chili sounds good, gotta watch out for those noodles. I hope you have a wonderful visit.

beverly

o

It will be chili.....we'll be going out to DD#3's house and she's making cornbread and will have all the toppings. The kids are spending the night....woohooo....more time with them!

SharonG/FL

o

After hearing about all the power outages here and there, and even though we do have the snow and bitter cold (no ice) I have to be SO grateful that we never lost power aroung here, and thankful for the heat in my home, the electricity to run my stove, refrigerator, hot water heater, TV, sewing machine, etc. etc. etc. Not taking any of this for granted and I hope all those who have no power get through this ok and that they soon have things back to normal!!

o

Scraphappy, I hear you loud and clear! When we see and hear about disasters we can be so thankful for what we have. We cannot take 'everyday' life as routine or for granted anymore as we never know what a day will bring. I even say 'Thank you for a restful night's sleep' when I wake up in the morning.

Today I'm thankful for all the fun and laughter (those little ones were a hoot!) we had when my grandson and his family was here.

SharonG/FL

o

Scraphappy and Sharon, I do agree with you. My DD has finally figured out why I was so happy to get a good night's sleep. With 2 little ones and DH out of town she is so happy when she gets 6 hours uninterupted. Perhaps she is finally maturing??? That would certainly be a blessing.

beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here