Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Herbal Iced Tea

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 10, 07 at 20:30

If you, like me, are trying to lose weight and get in all that water "they" tell us to drink, you might give this herbal tea a try. I made it tonight and it's very good - no added sugar, no caffeine, tastes sort of like a Snapple drink, but costs pennies.

I made half the recipe to see if I would like it. I used 2 Lemon Zinger teabags and 2 Wild Berry Zinger because that's what I had on hand. The apple juice was natural with no added sugar. Enjoy!

Teresa

Herbal Iced Tea
Copyright, 2002, Barefoot Contessa Family Style, All Rights Reserved
Show: Barefoot Contessa
Episode: Cooking Lite

4 Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger tea bags
4 Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea bags
4 cups pure apple juice

Steep the 8 tea bags in 4 cups of boiling water for about 10 minutes. Discard the tea bags. Combine the tea with the apple juice and refrigerate until cold. Serve over ice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Herbal Iced Tea

This sounds good. I haven't had a soda in over a year and I am getting tired of sweet and water. Think I will give it a try tomorrow.

beverly

o

Isn't there a lot of natural sugar in apple juice? I'll have to check it out the next time I'm at the grocery. I've started having a little fruit again, but not too much as their sugar content is so high.

Does caffeine free tea count as water????

SharonG/FL

o

Would you believe 2 grocery stores didn't have any lemon or red zinger tea? I'll try again next week.

Sharon, apple juice does have a good bit of sugar, but you can find some with less, and you are diluting it to half with the tea. Usually caffeine free tea does count as water, so in the larger scheme of things, this isn't that bad for a treat.

beverly

o

Teresa,
I tried it and I love it! Thanks for the recipe.
I used just 1 cup of apple juice (since mine had some added sugar) and squeezed some fresh lemon.
Got some to work and I've had 1/2 gallon already :-)

Thanks for the recipe. I love herbal tea hot - especially lemon zinger but this is so refreshing - even on a cold day like today.
Vasu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here