Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

1-7-07 diet/exercise

grammyp
17 years ago

Ok, I do hope everyone is working on your 30 minutes a day. I have not been able to get as much in as I would like, it has actually started raining here!! We did get in 29.1 miles on the bike yesterday (2 hours) so perhaps that will help make up for it. Tomorrow DH goes back to work, but I will be at the gym for spin class. Keep up the hard work, remember losing 1 pound a week will = the average 6 year old by the end of the year!

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (11)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Well, I guess I'm going to have to post here daily to tell you what I did or didn't do....maybe that will help to get my body moving!

Yesterday I stayed pretty much on Phase 2 but I think I might have eaten too many Triscuits! Have you tried those new ones? Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil and Roasted Garlic, they're awesome!

Beverly, What's spin class? All I see is spinning around and I get dizzy thinking about it. lol

SharonG/FL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Ok....I walked into the China Buffet....I briskly walked up and down a few aisles at the grocery store....I walked all the way around the mall.....

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sharon, if I got started on the new Triscuits I would never stop. They are single serving boxes, right.

Spin class is like stationary bikes. There are tapes you can watch and they tell help you increase/decrease your tension/speed. DH has made some cd's with some nice paced music to keep us going. It usually lasts an hour, and that is all I want at a time. On Tues and Thur we do some yoga for our cool down and stretching. I really like that part.

I'm glad you are getting your 30 minutes everyday. When we started recording everything we ate and all the exercise we got it made a big difference. It is a real eye opener when you have to write down everything you put into your mouth, then go back and look at it.

The church the kids are going to now has started a 21 day challenge. They have to give up something for 21 days that will result in improving your life. It takes 21 days of hard, concious effort to create a new habit. Keep up the good work, you are on your way.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

I didn't get 30 minutes in today, but I did 'walk' in place a few times. I finished another quilt today so was up and down from the machine most of the day. That counts for extra leg workouts, right?

Oh, sure, those Triscuit boxes are single servings! I made the creamy bruschetta recipe that's on the box for us to snack on during the game last night....twas sooooo good!

I'll leave the bike riding to you. I know I couldn't last as long as you do. Good for you!!!

SharonG/FL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

I did some extra walking around today that I didn't do yesterday. I also went out and dribbled a little basketball with DGD this afternoon. I'm trying to drink more water......

Made 15-bean soup for supper....should have made cornbread to go with it....but if I did, I would have eaten a lot of it!!!

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I think the basketball definately qualifies as exercise. Giving up that bread is what has been killing me. I do love my cornbread with my soup and crusts on my pot pies.

I didn't get near as much walking in today as I usually do, even with taking the stairs at work. It was just a sit and put in orders kind of day. Perhaps I can make it to spin tomorrow evening and make up for it.

Keep up the good work. When it starts to warm up it will be so much more fun to go outside.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here it is Friday and I still haven't gotten around to my Wed. update. I only lost 1 pound last week, but I didn't get much exercise either. DH told me to look at a pound of ground beef and realize that is what I lost. I now have 15 to go by April 15th to meet my goal. More would be nice, but I will be happy with that. It will be a total of 44 pounds lost in 10 months. I can live with that.

I do hope everyone is keeping up their 30 minutes of exercise.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Beverly, Good for you!!!!! Every pound lost keeps adding up and you'll get there!

I've had other things on my mind this week and haven't been able to get myself in gear.....and, it's been cold! When it's cold, all I want to do is sit on the couch, cover up and read/sleep. In fact, I took a 3 hour nap yesterday and still went to bed at 10:30pm. Today will be better!!!! I WILL WALK TODAY!!!!!!

SharonG/FL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

I did my one-mile DVD today.....

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good for you Sharon!!

We managed a quick ride this morning. DD#2 was going to babysit so we could get a nice ride, but she got called in to work. But, it was nice and sunny and quite pleasant.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Hmmmm.....checking out this weight loss countdown thingy.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Get your countdown tickertape here

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company