Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

1-7-07 Prayer requests

grammyp
17 years ago

We are well into our new year now and my life seems to be settling into a new routine. Please continue to pray for my SonIL that he will learn to deal with his stress without the use of alcohol. He has a minimum of 6 weeks left to go. Please also remember my DD and me as we try to work out our 2 work schedules, 2 little ones and a MIL with a failing memory.

thanks

beverly

Comments (26)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Please keep my family in your thoughts this week. My brother passed away a year ago Tuesday, the 9th, and my sister, 3 years ago Wednesday, the 10th. We know they're in a better place....

Beverly, It's almost like have 3 little ones around, isn't it? Your family is in my prayers.....

SharonG/FL

• gerizone5
    17 years ago

I'll be keeping both of your families in my prayers.

Geri

• msmeow
    17 years ago

Sharon, I'll be thinking of you during this period of anniversaries.

Please keep my dear parents-in-law in your prayers. MIL Fran (79 yrs) has very advanced Alzheimer's. She has been confined to a wheelchair since Thanksgiving of 2005 when she broke her hip. Her usual state is just a vacant stare and she dozes through most of the day. She is often slumped to one side in the chair and can't move herself, or doesn't realize she needs to. FIL Bill (77 yrs) is 24/7 caregiver in their home with only about 20 hrs per week respite from Hospice. This has been their situation since early 2006 when she came home from the nursing home after the hip healed.

Lately she has had a lot of puffiness in her arms and discoloration in her face. She is scheduled for an echo cardiogram next week as the Hospice people think her heart may be failing.

At this point, I think the whole family is just praying for it to be over for both of them.

Sorry for the ramble.

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Donna, I'm so sorry about your in-laws. I'll be praying for them.

SharonG/FL

• glassquilt
    17 years ago

My girlfriend passed away early this morning in her sleep. Services will be Thursday. IÂll probably be going alone. DH is upset - his first wife died of the same cancer. This has brought back old memories.

At the end she was very concerned about what would happen to her 17 year old, blind miniature poodle. Knowing that he would be unable to move to another home she asked that he be euthanized and cremated. It was her wish that he be interred with her. I promised to do this for her so tomorrow I will. We think that they kept each other alive this past year. The dog is walking around the house checking everyone - poor baby.

Please pray for her, her family, DH and me. That I may get through this with the least amount of tears. Thank you.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

(((((glassquilt))))) I can't think of a better/easier way to go than while sleeping. Please know you are not walking this road alone......you are all in my prayers.

SharonG/FL

• true4uca
    17 years ago

(((Glassquilt))). Sharon is so right when she says you are not walking this road alone.Will say a prayer for your friend & you.
    Trudy

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

You will all be included in my daily prayers. ((Hugs and prayers)) for all.

beverly

• michigoose
    17 years ago

My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

I have a request too. My daughter came home yesterday and one of her classmate's mother was in an accident over the weekend and slammed into the gas-tank of a semi. She couldn't get out and burned to death. The father is not in the picture, and the girl, an 8th grader, was put into foster homes once before when her mother wasn't able to care for her. My dd says she's a nice girl, and is concerned for her, but not to the extent that she is willing for us to take her in. My prayers are that she finds a good and loving home which brings her up properly.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh, michigoose, that is so sad. I will certainly add her to my list.

I do have another also. The family that lives across the road from my parents have a 30 something yo daughter with many medical problems. She has been in a wheelchair all her life. This past weekend she had a stroke and has been on life support since. Today they decided to withdraw the life support and let her go. They have offered her organs so they are waiting to find out which ones can be used before they take her off support. Dad is at the hospital with them but it is very difficult for them. Please keep them in your prayers.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Michigoose, How terrible for this girl. I'll certainly pray for her.

Beverly, What a difficult time for this family. I'm sure they appreciate your dad being there for their support. I'll add them to my list.

SharonG/FL

• ddavisgray
    17 years ago

YOu are all in my prayers.

That young girl touches my heart.God will surely watch over her and lead her to a good family that will help her through this terrible time.

Thank you so much for remembering my Dad in your prayers.

He's now in a private at the hospital.After going to ER a week ago with CHF.He was in ICU for about 4 days.

They pulled off over 3 liters of fluid from him in the first two days.

Tonight he is sitting up, talking to us and cracking jokes.

His Doctor told us tonight, that Dad "is an awesome man."
    He said he couldn't believe how well he is doing.
    He said that Dad continues to amaze him.

Of course, I told him that it was due to his care and the Lord answering prayers.

Thank you for being here.

Prayfully,
    doris

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Doris, I am so glad to hear about your dad. Isn't it great what a few prayers can do.

beverly

• bkfdwife
    17 years ago

if I may, a bit of a prayer for me for tomorrow. Have to go to the Doctor for a bit of a procedure, but could turn into a hysterectomy. Probably wouldn't do the whole thing tomorrow, but just asking prayer for the doctor's guidance to do what is right, not just what he feels is right. I've been battling this for a while, too long I think.
    thanks ladies, keeping you all in my prayers
    Lisa

• ddavisgray
    17 years ago

Lisa,
    Have faith, We're in your corner, praying.

doris

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I pray things work out well for you Lisa, be sure to keep us informed.

beverly

• bkfdwife
    17 years ago

Thanks ladies! I am home, had a d and c this morning, will followup with doctor next week. This should take care of the problem for now! Appreciate the prayers and good thoughts. Even though I have been thru it a few times, I should probably have asked someone be there with me anyway!LOL
    Thanks again
    Lisa

• scraphappy
    17 years ago

Oh, I have SO much to be thankful for!! Glassquilt, just read this thread, and hope you got through the days ok - what a true friend you are!! All of you, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Michigoose - maybe you and DD could stay in touch with that young girl - I'm sure she's feeling so lost right now!!

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lisa, I am glad you are home and doing ok. Get your rest and do what the dr tells you.

Michigoose, have you heard how the little girl is doing. I know this has been a tough week for her.

Sharon and glassquilt (and hubbys), are you holding up ok? This has been a very stressful week for you all too.

How is your dad coming along Doris? Are the drs still amazed by him?

I am worn out with DH working till MN and keeping the kids all day. Next week I am working Monday (the regular guy is recovering from surgery) and Wed. DH is working extra Tues, Wed and Thurs so no help there either. Please pray for patience and sleep for me.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Beverly, We're doing ok.....thanks for asking. But, you need to get some rest. Hopefully, your SIL will be able to get back home and help with his children soon. You're in my prayers.

Lisa, I'm glad things worked out ok for you. I understand they can do hysterectomies laproscopically now. I saw one lady after only a week, walking across the parking lot in high heels! Too bad that wasn't around when I had mine.

SharonG/FL

• michigoose
    17 years ago

I haven't heard about the little girl. My daughter said she hasn't been in school for a week. We'll see what Tuesday brings. It would be nice to try to help her along, but my daughter is new to this school and I have a hard enough time trying to get her to reach out to people she considers her friends...it's really tough for her. I can't quite understand it as I moved to a new town when I was her age, and in six months was being asked to stuff, etc. She is in track, cross country and Sunday school, but nothing....so, I don't think I can get her to reach out to someone she hasn't had any connection with, although I have suggested it...

Glad to hear that you're doing ok Lisa, I had a hysterectomy laparascopically in 1998 along with a oophrectomy to try to prevent breast cancer from coming back again. I can tell you that I was out in 2 days, and was singing in the choir three days later.

Wish me luck guys, I'm doing a PET scan tomorrow. ...hopefully the ice will hold off until I'm done and back!

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I will keep the girl and you and our daughter in my prayers.

beverly

• michigoose
    17 years ago

I talked to my dd about her today, and my dd said she hasn't been back to school yet. She should be there tomorrow if she is still here.

They are still looking for witnesses to the accident....

• michigoose
    17 years ago

The girl was back in school. My dd says that she seems to be doing ok. Evidently the county found her a local place. dd is afraid to ask her about it because she doesn't want to cause her pain. Thanks for all your prayers all. I'm sure it helped.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Perhaps just a hug would be nice. She is still in my prayers.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    17 years ago

Thanks for the update. It has to be hard for her....I feel so bad for her. She's still on my prayer list.

SharonG/FL