Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Anyone in MN or Fort Wayne????

I plan to be in the MNPLS, MN area (Albertville) between Feb 6th and the 19th if there's anyone close and wants to meet up. Though I'll probably be stuck in the house taking care of mom.....not sure I want to take her out in the cold any more than necessary.

Also, I plan to be in the Fort Wayne area this summer for 2-3 months should anyone want to get together. I'm hoping to be able to meet up with Judy in MI during this time, too. Just have to see what DD2 has planned so she can chauffeur me around. @:)

SharonG/FL

Comments (26)

• ironkit
    17 years ago

Oh! Oh! ME! I'm in Minnesota! Stillwater area, but am willing to drive. I know a wonderful fabric shop in White Bear Lake... :)

~ Kit

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kit, Sounds like a plan.....I think my sister will be back the 12th so maybe after that? What are your school hours? I see your windchill index is at -22 today!!!!! whooooooahhhhhh.......

SharonG/FL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kit, Email me.......if going thru the forum doesn't work, it's mamadntpla @ hotmail . com

SharonG/FL

• merrymaryp
    17 years ago

I'm in MN too but about 3 hours from Albertville and looking at my schedule, I'll only have 2 days off from Feb 6-19th so as much as I'd like to I just can't. It sure would be fun. Bring your thickest jacket Sharon, I hear that we're in for a few weeks of real cold, perhaps you'll miss it though - I surely hope so.
    Maryp

• ironkit
    17 years ago

Mary -

We should meet up sometime when we both have a lot of freetime. There's probably a halfway point with a good quilt shop!

~ Kit

• merrymaryp
    17 years ago

That sounds great Kit - my sister lives by St Cloud, perhaps I should plan a visit... Ever been to Grubers in Waite Park? I understand it's supposed to be great but I've never been there.

Now to find a lot of free time....

Maryp

• ironkit
    17 years ago

Yup. I have to go with a project in mind or I sit in front of the batiks and wonder how much of each one I can afford. :) It's huge. If I wander up there, my mom will end up coming with, 'cause she loves it and always looks for an excuse to drive that far!

~ Kit

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How far is Waite Park from you, Mary? My sister said maybe we could work something out, but I know she'll be gone both week-ends I'm there.

Kit, Is Waite Park about a 2 hour drive for you?

My sister is supposed to supply a nice warm coat and boots for me. Hope she remembers to bring them to the airport!

SharonG/FL

• ironkit
    17 years ago

It's about an hour drive. I'd be willing to drive us there if we can meet up with Mary, too!

~ Kit

• msmeow
    17 years ago

Sharon, why are you going to MN in February?!?!?!?!? People from THERE come HERE in the winter! LOL

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Donna, Believe me, if it wasn't absolutely necessary, I wouldn't go!!! I've been watching the weather and it isn't pretty!! My sister has my almost 90 year old mother living with her and she needs some help. She has to leave town for a couple week-ends so I told her I'd go up as mom just returned from Michigan a few weeks ago and I didn't think she would be up to traveling again. We plan to sit by the fireplace, play scrabble and put puzzles together. I don't plan to get out any more than necessary....meeting Kit (and Mary if she's available) is necessary. @:)

Mom said she'd come down here in May so that'll be a nice time to sit on the porch......the hummers should be back in abundance by then.

SharonG/FL

• merrymaryp
    17 years ago

I really wish I could join you but I'll be stuck at work. I'll have around 30 hours of overtime in these 2 weeks! I know I work too much but I keep thinking "next month will be better" Yeah, right.

I'd love to hear about your meeting and shopping though. Stay warm Sharon!

Marp

Maryp

• ironkit
    17 years ago

Not cool.

Mary, you should contact me when you have a free day or whatever. I'm willing to rearrange my schedule and whatnot. Good luck with the less working.

~ Kit

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kit, I'm in your state!!!!!! Did you find the way to my sisters?

SharonG/FL

• ironkit
    17 years ago

Yup, should be no problem. You've mail, but I'll ask here 'cause I check this more often.

Are we still on for next Friday?

~ Kit

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes! My mom won't be going with us, but you can meet her. Keep your map handy cause I'm clueless!!!!! @:)

SharonG/FL-MN

• benken
    17 years ago

Sharon, just saw this post. I'm not too far from Ft. Wayne (neither is Linda/OH) and I'd love to meet up, if possible, so keep me in mind for this summer.

Linda

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Linda, I would love to meet up with you and Linda/OH this summer. So far, my plan is to be in IN (Warsaw) sometime the middle of July to maybe the second week of Sept. Hopefully, we can come up with a date and place that will meet with everyone's schedule. Are there any good fabric/quilt shops there? @:)

SharonG/FL

• benken
    17 years ago

Just zipped over to mapquest to find Warsaw...you're just south of Amish county. I was just in Shipshewanna last Saturday and visited several quilt stores...for a LITTLE fabric and a LOT of inspiration. I'd love to try to schedule a get-together so as it gets closer keep me posted on your plans. How fun!

Linda

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Linda, I lived in Amish country for almost 15 years before moving to Florida and would visit Shipshe a few times a year.

I just talked with my DD and she has no problem taking me to Fort Wayne for a meet-up....she's there quite often taking DGD to her various doc's anyway.

SharonG/FL

• glassquilt
    17 years ago

Sounds like another possible retreat in the making. Warsaw's only about 160 miles away. uummm

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I'm jealous. I love Shipshewana....such wonderful shopping. I spent about 6 weeks there in 1999 and loved every minute. You'll all have a great time.

Kit....I'm in MN usually 2 x's a year I've got family in Northfield, Sartell, (next town from Waite Pk), Pymouth, Hutchinson & McGreger on Big Sandy Lake. I stay in Sartel & Northfield. I don't plan to go again till Fall. I'll have to remember to post a message to you.

• Bev__
    17 years ago

Sharon, have your mother & sister lived in Albertville a long time? It just dawned on me that I have cousins in the Albertville/St Michael & Corcoran area. Their last name would be Freund. I have 2 aunt & uncles that lived there too, but have retired & moved away a few years ago. I also have a cousin just south of there in Maple Grove.
    I moved away from MN in 1979. AZ for 20 years and now TX.
    I have a cousin in Ft Wayne, his name is Ron Haack.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bev, They've only lived there about a year and a half. They moved from South Bend IN. You'd think they would have moved south to get away from the cold and snow, but oh no, northward bound it is! My sister would gladly move south. Her DH asked her if anything happened to him what would she do.....move to Florida was the answer! DUH!!!! They both work at Twin City Fan and I think that's in Maple Grove. The cities are so close together it's like they're all suburbs of MNPLS and the short time I was there, I couldn't keep them straight. Kit's mom grew up in the area and she had a lot of info she told me (as Kit drove) that was very interesting.

glassquilt, A week-end retreat????? Hadn't thought about that. I'm looking forward to the Fort Wayne expedition and will start a new thread the closer it gets. The more quilters, the merrier!!!!! Plus, my DD2 is a blast, too. She was going to make a quilt one time and it ended up as a potholder. I keep it on my sewing table to remind me what a trooper she is. She just took in 3 foster children siblings that were being abused and the 2 youngest don't speak English. Oh the stories she has.....

SharonG/FL

• lindaoh_gw
    17 years ago

Sharon, I would love to meet with you and others. Count me in when you make the plans. I am about 30 minutes from Ft. Wayne. DH worked there for 36 years before his retirement last year. Another suggestion is to meet in Shipshewana. I usually go there a couple of times a year with a friend.
    Linda OH

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Linda OH, Would be great to meet up with you. Shipshe sure does have the fabric stores.....plus good eatin' places, too! @:)

SharonG/FL

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH