Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Year's Day Traditions?????

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 1, 07 at 8:45

Anyone have traditions for New Year's Day?

For us, it's black-eyed peas/ham/rice, cabbage, some kind of greens and watch the Rose Bowl parade and game.

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Year's Day Traditions?????

The tree comes down...get ready for back to school and back to work. This year, oldest daughter gets ready to go back to Colorado (flight is tomorrow)- thankfully, with a great deal less stress than when she left Denver just before Christmas!

o

hlac, I was surprised the Denver airport wasn't better prepared for the snowstorms in regards to the passengers. Hope she has a safe trip.

SharonG/FL

o

The usual southern goodies, blackeyed peas, ham, cornbread, greens, Rose Parade, family, cleaning up the last of the Christmas decorations.

Have a wonderful New Year, don't forget to get your "movement" in today.

beverly

o

Usually watch the parade, but DD has a movie in now.

Mom & I used to always do a new puzzle on New Years Day. But that stopped when I got kids that could reach the tabletop!! lol

If DH pulls out the Christmas boxes then I'll finish cleaning up the decorations. Tree normally would come down today, but that didn't last past Christmas this year.

I would like to put borders on a quilt, and make my fleece jacket today. Finish making turkey soup for dinner, perhaps.

Enjoy your day!

o
RE: New Year's Day Traditions???

Well, I'm about Bowl Gamed out! I enjoyed the Parade this year....specially since I found that HGTV had it on without breaking for commercials!

I put the sashings on a quilt, got a cheater I Spy pinned and ready to sew on the lines and have my I Spy Swap ready to mail on Wed. I didn't do anything I thought I'd do today.....like to practice meandering. Oh well....

I got an email from my 13 yo DGD who has been up north since the 22nd, she's more than ready to come back home. She and I usually put a jigsaw puzzle together and watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve.......I miss her....

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here