Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brianrowe

Pergola lighting

brianrowe
17 years ago

We just finished our pergola and would like to add some lighting. Does anyone know of a website that shows some pictures with ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

Comments (7)

• huskyridor
    17 years ago

In Arbors and Pergolas I like wall mounted fixtures.
    Below is a link to an Internet wholesaler of all types of illumination and a pic of a recent pool of mine under construction.
    This pool had a 15 x 26 half circle Cedar Arbor with bar and summer kitchen. Eight of the nine columns have wall mounted fixtures and are controlled by the radio remote for the swimming pool equipment. The spots over the grill, the ceiling fan plus their lights, and the stereo are also controlled by the pools' remote control. Why flip a switch when you can push a button, LOL!!!!!

See ya,
    Kelly

Here is a link that might be useful: outdoor lighting

• feebs
    17 years ago

How absolutely COOL is that?! That's beautiful and so fun for parties! Many happy times for you and yours...

• brianrowe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kelly...thanks for posting that. Can you give me some more information on that radio remote system? We'd like to do something similar at our house. I need to get some pictures posted of our new pool and deck and pergola.

• huskyridor
    17 years ago

The radio remote control I use is a Jandy PDA system.
    It's brutally affordable!!!
    There are also systems available from Pentair, Polaris, and Hayward.
    I'm curious, what type of controller does your pool currently have?

See ya,
    Kelly

• huskyridor
    17 years ago

Feebs,
    Thanks for the Happy Times wishes.
    I'll extend them to my customer.
    I'm a pool construction contractor, I also do lots of total backyard improvements including pool houses, open air structures like gazebo's/cabana's/arbor's, decks,landscaping etc...
    I frequent this porch/deck forum but seldomly post.

See ya,
    Kelly

• brianrowe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kelly,

When you say "controller", what exactly do you mean? My pool has a timer for the pool pump and another timer for the polaris. Here is what I have:

Aqua Rite 40k Salt Water Chlorinator
    Polaris 380 cleaner

Brian

• huskyridor
    17 years ago

That is your controller.
    I'd guess it to be an Intermatic dual controller with a time clock for both the pool and and the pool sweep booster pump.
    You would replace this power center with a digital controller power center and a radio remote.
    Here's a link to the Jandy PDA handheld radio remote controller.
    This won't be a cheap installation. On after the fact installations I charge 1000 for labor and materials beyond the price of the controller and its power center.
    I'll bet with a little searching you can find some X10 remotes and do a new installation on the circuits for much less. Try a Google search for "X10 remotes"

See ya,
    Kelly

Here is a link that might be useful: PDA radio remote