Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Staining Hardwood Decks

Posted by nerdyshopper (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 22:16

I have a redwood deck but in a previous thread a poster repeatedly used TWP stain on his tigerwood deck even though the stain failed several times. I don't need to redeck right now but when I do tigerwood is the option I would like to use. I just wonder if it needs something special to stain. I use Cabot stains on the redwood with good results but I am not familiar with hardwoods.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Staining Hardwood Decks

Most of my Customers (including myself) have had success with a Company called Messmer's, More specifically their product "Messmers UV plus for Hardwoods". No matter what you use, be sure it specifies "for hardwoods" and always follow the directions and wipe of any excess after applying.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here