Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with selecting outdoor speakers

Posted by drjb101 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 7, 11 at 0:20

We are about to do a new patio and I would like to put speakers outside. Not sure if I should do hanging from our pergola or ground speakers that are covered. Worried that the covered ones look too cheesey as fake rocks and have bad sound. Anyone have any idea where I can do the best research on type of speakers and best brands?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with selecting outdoor speakers

I have two pairs of polk atrium outdoor speakers around my pool area, they are exposed to the elements and have weathered the past 4 years very well. I looked into getting the ground rock speakers, but the sound wasn't very good. Also, the polks are paintable and I was able to have them blend into a jasmine covered trellis.

Here is a link that might be useful: polk speakers

o

For 5 years, I have the Polk atrium outdoor speakers, too. They are installed under the roof eaves. The sound is really good, comparable with an indoor Polk speaker in the same price range. I have never cranked them over about 50% out of respect for my neighbors, but I can tell they would perform well at full volume.

Highly recommend.

o

If you are looking for something wireless, Soundkast is the best product on the market.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here