Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Water spots on ipe deck

Posted by jeanaj (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 12 at 22:52

We just finished our ipe deck, cleaned it and then Sealed with ipe oil. We live in North Dakota and the temperatures have been dropping but I thought I would be ok since the seal said 40-90 degrees. The night we sealed an unexpected light shower came through and now my beautiful deck looks like a cheetah, full of spots. I'm just sick about it......I wish I had done more research before sealing. The deck is not sticky at all, we made sure to wipe all excess up. I have no idea what to do...... Should I leave it until spring? If I do wait until spring, then what?? Please tell me this is something I can fix. Thank you so much for your time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Water spots on ipe deck

What you should do is look for a deck cleaner specifically designed to be used on hardwoods. Messmer's makes a 2 step process that is typically used to bring back the color of the deck but should work on getting those water spots off. All the major online retailers carry it like Advantage, efloor, east teak, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here