Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with front porch flooring

Posted by cctray (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 27, 10 at 18:57

I am in the process of building a new house. It is a craftsman style in a woody area with stacked stone. I can't decide on what material to use for the front porch flooring. I can place just cement or lay stone. The stone will cost an extra 1,100. I just can't imagine spending that on the porch flooring. I feel we won't be sitting out there and very few people will be coming through my front door. I'm sure my friends will be coming through the garage entrance. With all that said the thought of the stone appeals to me and I'm sure I'd love it. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm so burn out on making decisions and I'm just stuck!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with front porch flooring

Its all in the feeling/look you get when your driving up to your house. Stamped creet looks good too.

Now is the time when it all showes dont get burned out. J.

o
RE: help with front porch flooring

Stone looks better than concrete & you'll be the one looking at it. An extra 1100.00 in the bank account would probably look pretty good too. No one else can make the decision for you, it's your $. If you want opinions you all ready have mine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here