Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Privacy panels OUTSIDE pool screen enclosure

Posted by craftyc (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 4, 08 at 17:47

We have removed the overgrown jungle of plants outside our pool enclosure..which, while providing good privacy, had gotten completely out of control! (live in Florida where EVERYTHING grows!!!) We now want to put up several privacy panels outside and then put up hanging plants on them, and mulch on the ground. Does anyone have any pictures of something like that you have done, or any suggestions? We do not want fencing around the whole thing...just a couple of panels. Thanks for any suggestions, comments or ideas you might share!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Privacy panels OUTSIDE pool screen enclosure

I saw where they made frames out of 2x4's and attached wire mesh inside the frames. They hinged the panels together,(4 panels about 3'x6'), and angled them similar to a room divider. The wire mesh was used to grow vine type plants. They anchored them down so the wind wouldn't catch them. I would use an exterior friendly wood such as redwood or cedar for the ground contact to keep rot down or mount them on stakes to keep the frames off ground if using something like fir or hem fir.

o

Where did you see the frames and wire mesh. I want to make a porch "rail" like this and I cannot find pictures or the correct wire to use.

o

I saw it on a show on hgtv. So long ago but I think they were finishing up a blog cabin project and it was part of the landscapers deal. You might check into hgtv's archives. Another route would be to visit a metals shop in your area that carries metal mesh panels. Call around. Out here masonry suppliers carry metals products such as panels and sheet goods, angle irons,etc.

o

Thanks for the info!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here