Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I put indoor/outdoor carpet on WHOLE deck of screened in porc

Posted by scottmel (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 13:41

I have a 12 x 16 screened in porch with roof. Trouble is a lot of bugs crawl up thru the slats on the decking floor. Would an indoor/outdoor carpet solve this? I NEVER use this porch b/c so tired of sharing it with stink bugs or other critters. Screens are SUPER secure in windows so the deck slats must be their point of entry. What would you recommed for flooring over the painted wood deck? thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I put indoor/outdoor carpet on WHOLE deck of screened in

If covering entire surface, need to make sure that have proper drainage. If building from scratch, could do tongue & grove for solid deck as long as have gradual slope outward for water to move away from house. This slope is not necessary for deck with board spacing. Not sure how carpet would affect this. If not concerned about view from below deck, could you attach a large screen under entire deck? This would be cheap, not very visible from above and have no effect on drainage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here