Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TWP vs. Woodrich

Posted by galanwarner (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 7, 11 at 11:35

I'm curious if anyone has experience with both the TWP 100 Series and Woodrich Wiping Stain on a hardwood like ipe -- things like how long one tends to hold up before needing to be redone, apparent penetration capability, etc.? I realize the Woodrich is quite a bit more expensive to purchase, but I'm wondering, for one, if the longer-term cost of ownership might be less.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TWP vs. Woodrich

Woodrich is good product.It's almost a twp clone same resin base with a strange mixture that cut the voc without altering the proformance.

The price differance can be explained by stacking up a nation wide Co against a private Co that started from the ground up.

They both have the same qualities your asking about with WR on the up side for the first coat but it takes longer to set up then twp on the recoat. I would use WR if there wasent a twp corp 20 miles from my Shop. Change is Change and Money is Money but what sticks to the Bee is what makes the Honey.

Side Note>> WR has expanded to new buildings,right now they are making some Good Deals on product so they dont have to move them to the new digs. <<

JonMon www.deckmastersllc.com

o
RE: TWP vs. Woodrich

Ah, JonMon, thanks for the feedback. The WR seems to cost about 60% more than the TWP, so I guess I was wondering if there were 60% more value. For instance, if I were able to get the results with one coat of WR vs. two of TWP. But if that's not the case, and if I can get comparable finish results with TWP for 40% less, that helps me make up my mind.

I'll have to look into the potential WR deals you mention, though. Maybe that can make the difference to decide on that instead, if it'll be close in price. You're saying, though, that with WR, I'd have to wait longer before putting on the second coat. Hmm ...

Have you ever used the product Ipe Oil? Any thoughts on that if I were to decide to just go with the color of the wood, and let that work for itself?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here