Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cable Railings

Posted by allysmom (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 11, 10 at 11:15

Does anyone know the story with cable railings? I heard the cables stretch after a time. Any idea of cost per foot? They look good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cable Railings

Probably the most expensive rail system out there. They are nice tho.

o

There are lots of suppliers of cable railing, do a search. Pre fabbed cables are really the only way to go for the novice. Price is dependent on the run of cable, and there are max. runs.

Yes, the cable does stretch a little bit, but you just tighten back up.

o

always wondered how these comply with code. in my neck of the woods you can't have horizontal "balusters" because kids will start climbing them like ladders. Do most places allow horizontal railings?

o

Its all local Man.

Some do some dont. J.

o

I got a quote of $6600 for 92 feet of railing = $71+ ft for 10 strands. That was installed including posts. For parts the lowest quote I got was $1200 = $13 ft just for the cable and hardware, no posts. I`m doing the posts myself and having them galvanized. $200 in metal and $200 for galvanizing. None of these prices included the top handrail

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here