Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this deck stained properly?

Posted by christyinco (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 12 at 9:55

We had our deck stained and the guy used a roller to put it on. The top looks good, but you can see drips going down the sides. I don't know how this would normally be done and if drips are usual? Is there a way to fix this somewhat? Also, do you normally put one coat or two coats of stain on?

See pics.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this deck stained properly?

Larger View

o

That is not acceptable. I've used a roller to apply stain; however he should have also used a brush or sprayer to get inbetween the boards. Have you paid him? Can you call him back to finish the project? You shouldn't have to pay him extra for what should have been done. If you still have some of the product you could take a brush and fill in the grooves. As far as how many coats, it depends on the product.

o

Yeah, you should run a brush down the crack to stain the sides of the boards.

o

Ouch!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here