Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Evergrain deck long term satisfaction?

Posted by brandonriffel (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 8, 09 at 4:36

I am wrapping up my project of a new 12x20 Evergrain Redwood composite deck. Can anybody comment on the longevity and what I can expect over the next 5 years or so?

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: My Evergrain Composite Deck Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Evergrain deck long term satisfaction?

The longevity of any material is dependent on where you live and those conditions. That applies to "maintenance free" products that in some areas aren't so "maintenance free".

o
RE: Evergrain deck long term satisfaction?

We put in a 5/4 evergain project 6 years agao that was a little like yours with the post sleves/alum balusters,same color and a gate.

It looks ok around 30 % color fade,a few mold areas scattered around, the EG skirting is a little wavey and white strecks have come up for some reason. The 12'' on center joist system has kept the decking from saging.

The Wallet has done major cleaning over the years it defentley has not been any place near no maiantance but then all the manmade boys have droped that phrase years ago. J.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here