Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
salmon_slayer

deck/porch pictures

salmon_slayer
14 years ago

Put pictures of your completed deck, porch here. Share your results with others to stimulate creative ideas. If you put in the link to where you pictures are located, I will attempt to put them in a website showing the different options.

Please include information regarding material type, (wood type, composite/brand, stain and color etc.)

I will modify the website if their is enough interest to make it more general with pages for composites, Ipe, Garapa etc.

I will start:

Wood: Ipe

Stain: Messners UV; Natural color

Fsterners: Headcoat #8

link: http://picasaweb.google.com/slkayser/Deck?feat=directlink
{{!gwi}}From deck

Here is a link that might be useful: deck/porch pictures and information

Comments (15)

• fnmroberts
    14 years ago

Let's hope a bit more interest is forthcoming. Yours is a very attractive deck. I'm sure you enjoy it.

Mine is really not a deck, though built as if it were. We use it as an egress porch onto our patio. It is 4 feet wide and 21" off the patio. Makes for convenient passage when carrying things and the landing-style steps make it safe for senior citizens. Low-voltage lights are set into the risers. Glass panels (3/8" tempered) in lieu of ballusters do not block a view from indoors. Stereo speakers mounted below the porch broadcast music onto the patio.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Patio Photos

• salmon_slayer
    Original Author
    14 years ago

looks great, I have not seen may with the glass! I will add it to the website. Hopefully we get a few more........ Riles - where are you

• Linda
    14 years ago

BUMP... I tried this thread once, didnt get a great response either. Doesnt anyone else have any pictures they want to share? My deck is starting in another week or so, I will definitely post some pictures. (using Jatoba)

• krayers
    14 years ago

Salmon Slayer,

Thanks for the info sheet & links. I've been reading posts for a while on this forum as we are repairing & adding on to a 20 year old PT deck at our home. Won't be near the level of all of yours (can't do IPE or Garpa with our budget), but we've gotton some great ideas & tips for construction from everyone here. Hope to complete it soon & will try & post some pics then. The 20 year old portion still looks amazingly good for its age, but we've tried to take care of it over the years.

• riles_j
    14 years ago

I wish I had some more recent pics, but here a few of my deck almost complete.

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

Wow! You have great looking deck and porch. I hope to see more photos from you. Thanks.

• marymisk
    14 years ago

Hello,

Here are some pictures of our deck that is still in progress but at least we can use it.

Cumaru decking. Cedar rails. Pressure Treated Pergola.

The curved part of the deck was A LOT of work. Much more work than I had ever anticipated. Lots of wasted wood too. Anyway, we still need to finish the tops of the columns/Posts (my husband is still messing around with designs) and decide what kind of stairs we are doing down the other way to our eventual paver patio.

Good thread. the other pictures are great.

Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Curved Deck more pictures

• salmon_slayer
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mary, what are the black circles on the rim? lighting?

I am looking to add some low voltage lighting to mine and looking for recommendations. We went down to the house this last weekend to put some new patio furniture out take some pictures. Pebble is hosting the US Open Golf tournament and we are hoping to rent the house. Here are some pics with furniture

From pebble web site Dec 2008

From pebble web site Dec 2008

{{!gwi}}From pebble web site Dec 2008

• marymisk
    14 years ago

Your furniture looks awesome on that deck. Very cool.

Yes, the black rims are low voltage lighting from Lowes. They are suprisingly bright and do a really nice job of lighting a small area just beyond the landscaping. I was suprised at how well they worked.

Mary

• momof3kids
    14 years ago
  • momof3kids
    14 years ago

We put the sunroom in next to hot tub deck above- it is basically a screened in porch- I used the PGT Ez-breeze windows (not really windows- they are a plastic film stretched over 4 frames) you can see how they open to 75%- they are really cool- There is no air/heat in this room- wanted to keep a screen in room feel, but keep the (snow) elements out- these really work well-see the one window is open on right. Got lots of ideas from this and other forums here- thank you all.

• Linda
    14 years ago

Well we finally have what looks like a deck. Its been a long process and alot of changes in the process. We originally were going with Jatoba, but after waiting five weeks for a delivery, we switched to Tigerwood. So far, I'm loving it, its looking great. Not quite finished yet, but good enough to get some pictures on here after all the help everyone provided.

As soon as the ceiling and patio are done complete with SPA, i'll post a few more :)

14x22 with 2 foot bump out
    Tigerwood Decking
    (Havent sealed it yet, have to wait til spring at this point)
    Millenium Rail System (its great, any questions just ask)

First time posting pictures, I hope they come out :/

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc33/Babiblueys/

• salmon_slayer
    Original Author
    14 years ago

looks great! great views

steve

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Good thread, fun to look. I'll post pics of my porch next spring I hope, lol.
    kathy

• sweet_blooms
    14 years ago

This message is for momof3kids. I just love the picture of your enclosed sunroom. We just had a new outdoor porch put on our deck. This is what I eventually want to do with our porch. Enclose it the way you did yours. I love the PGT ez-window enclosures. Did you put the enclosure windows up yourself or did you have done by a professional? Love the idea!!! Please get back to me with the info. email is kgkphoto@hotmail.com thank you very much