Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cat Enclosure

Posted by brookster (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 8, 10 at 23:01

Hi
Any inexpensive ideas on how I can enclose underneath my deck so it can be used a cat enclosure.
Also what is the best way to install a through the wall cat door?
Any suggestions are most welcome!
THanks
B

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cat Enclosure

can you show a pic of your deck curently? i'm trying to imagine how it's laid out with respect to your home.

we recently installed a door inside our house for the cats to go through, our cats are a large breed though so we had to get a "medium dog door".
are you specifically looking for a door that will go through the wall only, or will you consider one that goes into a door too?

o

I would think wire yard fencing would work well. Price wise you cann,t beat it I priced some at $30 for a fifty foot roll this spring. If you don,t like the look you can cover it with something like lattice work later. My cats cann,t get threw the brown plastic lattice work we put up under our deck but the big dogs do get in so fencing under it would be a good idea anyway.

o

galvanized mesh would work well, make some picture frames out of wood and staple the mesh to the back.

o

These are great suggestions.
I will attach the 'fencing ' to the underside of the deck and then to the posts and finally bury it about 6 inches into the ground .
Also will back fill/pack the trench and lay stones around all of the fencing n the ground.
B

o

The underside of the deck has a dirt 'floor'.
How far down in the dirt do I need to bury the 'fencing' to keep him safe?
Brooke

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here