Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your opinion on interlock driveway

Posted by Designer_xyz (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 22:55

Hello, I just recently had an interlock driveway installed at my house. Now that the pavers have been installed and I can now see the full driveway in relation to the house, overall I am sort of ok with the results and not completely satisfied. I'm beginning to think: "why did I choose this color of pavers" ? :/

Perhaps I did not thoroughly visualize how the pavers would look before my wife and I chose them. There may have been a variety of reasons for this, but I think I have a little "post reno remorse" where I am not sure of the color choice we made. I think the type or style of pavers chosen, design of driveway, functionality (slope, space, etc) are very good, so no problem there. Also, I still have more work to do with the plant garden around the drive way, plants, pots etc, to tie everything in. But I guess I am unsure about the color of pavers in relation to the house color: the beige, sandy brick of the house against the salmon-beige large surface area of the driveway.

SO I'm looking for some honest opinions and/or solutions for my driveway or my insecurity :-) lol

What do you think? Color choice in relation for house? Does it work? Words of wisdom?

Also, any idea on how to remove those dreaded tire marks?

thanks for your time

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your opinion on interlock driveway

Everything is so washed out the only thing I can see is how ridiculous the lamppost looks, adrift in a sea of pavers.

o

The color doesn't bother me so much as the lack of contrast in the design. IMO, the perimeter stones should have been larger (or a double row) and darker and I would have put in a design breaking up the expanse of stone.......but maybe the photo is making the area look larger than it is.

Get the landscaping done, place your potted plants and I think it'll all come together.

Checkout the pics in the link to see what I mean about design and the perimeter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Driveway pavers

o

Tire marks will be rubber-based so you will need to find a product that will break down rubber. There is a product called "Concrete Cleaner" and it's sold by some specialty stores who work with pressure washing contractors. I used www.pressurewashoutlet.com. I've used the product to clean grease, oil, tire marks, etc. from concrete, pavers, stones. Not sure what you can find a Home Depot or other big box stores...my guess is they won't be strong enough to cut through the rubber and you won't be happy. You could also seal the pavers too. I use something called Seal N Lock and that can give a different look and add some depth and dimension.

Hope that helps.

o

The lamp post is temporary: there will be a brick or paver lamp post replacing it. Plus a follow up garden with barrier or wall pavers.
I do agree about the color contrast, the boarder could have been darker, but that's not whats bugging me. Its basically the colour of the pavers against the color of the house. Its ok, but I guess I slightly regret choosing the salmon color. I' looking forward to cleaning those tire marks and sealing the entire driveway. The color is darkened and less pink after it is sealed!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here