Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need ideas on how to expand our deck

Posted by tblmom (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 22:30

Our house has a small deck off the back door. The area to the left is a bad stone patio area (came with the house). The dryer vent is there and our hood vent is in that area, but higher up. We also have a lovely storm door that is our exit out of the basement.

We would love to expand the deck, but if we brought it over to the left, I think it violates code for the vents and we can't cover the storm door.

Is our best bet to build a ground level deck on the bottom? We would love to have it all on one level.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need ideas on how to expand our deck

Why not just continue it straight out into the backyard instead of L-ing it to the side? Then you could have half covered and half not covered.

o
RE: Need ideas on how to expand our deck

I was thinking along the same lines as Weedyacres. Bring the deck out to where you now have the deck stairs. If you wanted to, you could have the stairs go to the left so they don't protrude so far into the yard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here