Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adding Screen Door To Existing Enclosure (Pic)

Posted by mustangs (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 29, 08 at 19:26

I have a 62' screened in lanai. There is 1 door to the outside and it is on one end. For convenience to access the grill-which is right outside the other end from where the door is-I was hoping that I could have another door installed. What you see in the picture is what the screen looks like the entire length i.e. horizontal bar/rail in the center. Is that doable?

Thank you for any thoughts that you have.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adding Screen Door To Existing Enclosure (Pic)

Cool looking place,Call a Contractor. J.

o

Thanks John.

I should have been more specific. I have a company that I will be contacting, I just wanted to be more informed before I make the call.

o

Sure it's doable. You may have to re-route electrical & plumbing thru the header, which of course needs to be added. Just don't expect the guy to come cut a hole & throw in a door, there's more to it than that.

Al

o

The screen company came today; they gave me an estimate of $200 to install a screen door in the existing screen enclosure. He is basically "cutting a hole & throwing a door in" as there isn't any electrical or plumbing to complicate the installation. I will post a picture when all is completed.

Thanks for the input.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here