Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blah Blah Pavers

Posted by lksium19 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 19:25

I just built a new house which was ready this July. The pavers I picked were the color "chestnut brown". However, I think they look like blah blah grey. Why would the pavers look like this from day one? My neighbors whose houses are almost finished have pavers that look much more rich and pretty than mine, and it's supposed to be the same color. You can see when you spray water on them how much brighter and prettier they are. I assume if I seal them, then they will look like they do wet?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blah Blah Pavers

i think they need to be sealed.
my daughter just had a walkway installed and her pavers looked like yours until they were sealed.
it enhanced the colors nicely.

o

Yes....seal those pavers! Pavers are porous so they are just going to keep sucking in water. You can use a product like Seal N Lock. Look on the web for images of projects with that product. Very pretty and it's a tough product and should give you many years of protection.

o

Call the installer, and read up on efflorescence. Make sure that is not happening before you seal them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here