Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
EZ-Screen windows

Posted by mindysteve (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 19:03

Does anyone have EZ-Screen Windows installed in a porch? They're aluminum-framed windows that hold mesh screens and 4 vinyl-glazed panels that lift up and down depending on how much open screen you want. (www.ezporch.com) We're curious how these vinyl panels hold up over the years. Do they scratch or discolor easily? Do they keep their shape and clarity? We have 100 degree summers -- do the vinyl panels withstand the heat? Any and all info & experience with these windows would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mindy & Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: EZ-Screen windows

I used the pgt ez breeze in my northern il sunroom - you can see the pics on the deck picture thread (search momof3kids) we put them in a year and a 1/2 ago- we still love them. We have had the kids backup chairs into them and they have a lot of give and haven't ripped yet. They go back to shape after a day or so. We had a big storm with high winds a few weeks ago and had no problems. We have no heat out there and so in the dead of winter, it is too cold. I like the fact we can get 75% screen in the summer. Very happy with them and they still look great!

o

We looked at these windows at the Minneapolis Home and Garden show yesterday. Are there any updates on these posts. Have they held up over the years?

o

Still love my windows - haven't had any tears or holes - almost 5 years later - my friend got some holes from her dog's nails - but she replaced the vinyl easily but something to consider if you have pets and the windows are low .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here