Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tiger Claw vs Eb tie dilema?

Posted by nellypatel (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 17, 09 at 15:54

Is there a significant cost difference between Tiger Claw and Eb-ty? I have contractors who are willing to screw me over at every chance they get. They were originally going to do a 45 degree deck, with the face screws... they then told me that if I did a straight lay with eb-ty it would be more labor and then charged me more money... however when I have another GC look at the job I was told that the product used was Tiger Clips.

I essentially want to know if I got ripped off here, paying for the labor and material of Eb-ty's and ending up with Tiger Clips...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tiger Claw vs Eb tie dilema?

Always the first to defend A Contractor....It could be both the fasteners were under the generic overlay of hidden clip fasteners the labor price is the same using either one, There is a lot of Labor differance between face fastining and using the clips like three times.

If my Co. had to put down decking using the clips I would defentley use tiger claw and not eb-ty for a lot of reasons. The differance between the two in price depends on how you buy they are the same to me, far as Labor goes its the same also.

Latey I have had some most excelent Wallets, good to work with, good with the money, brought us out ice and drinks, gave us bathroom privlage, a couple of them tiped my Crew,one even gave me a Lime tree but I had to promice to take it in come winter time.

You might want to think a little before you call out you geting screwed. JonMon

o

i have seen many complaints on the use of the eb-ty on different forums. I have yet to see any on the new tiger claws. I think you ended up with the best solution for an edge fastener.

Steve

o

If I say you got screwed big time are going to call your contractor on the carpet? Are you just looking for something to complain about? That's what it sounds like, imo anyway.

Be glad he used anything other than eb-ty's.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here