Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pmacbee_gw

Sealing mahogany porch/deck--Seal Rx?

pmacbee
12 years ago

I was looking for someone to clean, stain and seal our mahogany-floored wraparound porch (which has NOT weathered it's first 14 months well with the treatment the builder put on it--very dry, some splitting, water stained, and grayed out in many areas). Got a presentation today from a Seal Rx dealer that I found really intriguing, but it's a different product than what I set out to find: a deep-penetrating "micro-particle" treatment that bonds with the wood and is supposed to last 25 years. Also supposed to be stainable and paintable and extend life of either. Does anyone know anything about this product and whether there are reasons NOT to use it/not to use it on mahogany? Any positive or negative experiences? As my husband and I are not the best at routine maintenance, as product that really does provide significantly longer term protection against water damage would be worth the money to us. Many thanks--I'm looking at bids today and tomorrow, as the original plan was to do this before a party in ten days. (Seal Rx final sanding would happen after party if we went that way)

Comments (4)