Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
centraljerseyguy

Timbertech Earthwood Deck Pictures

centraljerseyguy
16 years ago

Hey folks,

This is my first attempt at posting photos so hopefully it works.

We used TimberTech Earthwood in Teak color and installed it with the TimberTech hidden fasteners.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (13)

• centraljerseyguy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK here goes another try.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• centraljerseyguy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK, since I cannot embed the photos I will try just posting a link here and hope it works.

http://picasaweb.google.com/CentralJerseyGuy/DeckPhotos

Here is a link that might be useful: Deck Photos

• graciesmom284
    16 years ago

WOW! absolutely fabulous! did you build it yourself? What railings/posts are those and in what color? how did you attach the fascia board without seeing any screws? I want your deck!!! sorry for all the questions!!! where in central jersey are you? we are in flemington...

• centraljerseyguy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

A family member who is a contractor did the bulk with reasonable contribution from me.

The railings are TimberTech Radiance in White. The deck is Earthwood in Teak color. The columns are HB&G Permacast Columns (we have to paint these to match the Radiance posts and rails. Ordered everything from Home Depot. Word of advice, do not order pressure treated lumber form Home Depot. The width of many pieces were not consistent. If you buy 2X10s of varying lengths some will be 9 1/4" while others may be as much as 9 3/8 etc... Added a great deal of time trying to get everything level.

As far as the facia board there are screws, perhaps the image is not zoomed enough to notice. For the deck boards we used the hidden fasteners. I am in Marlboro township.

• ekoreilly
    16 years ago

Sharp looking deck, you have good taste! I'd like to see more pictures posted as you progress and finsh. How much do you think it would have cost JUST to do the overhang roof?

• deckman22
    16 years ago

Good looking deck jerseyguy, you all did a fine job.

On a side note, all 2x10's vary in size, ie; 9 1/4" to 9 1/2" not just HD's. That's why if I have beams carrying the joist I don't install them til after joist are up, then shim the shorter ones that don't rest on the beam. Much faster doing it that way.

Al

• jcrowley99
    16 years ago

Fabulous deck!!! I am just looking into getting estimates to get a deck built. I wanted a deck with a gazebo for shade, but this is even better! And I love the color, I will have to see if Timbertech Earthwood is available in our area. I have not seen it, but I have not looked many places yet, and most composites are special order.

• centraljerseyguy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The TimberTech Earthwood is available through Home Depot as a special order product. Also, due to the size of the order they shaved 10% off the total cost making their quote more competitive than some of the other local lumber yards that carry Timbertech. I ordered from Home Depot because I thought if I ran into any problems they would stand behind the product they sold me.

At some point I have to go over the receipts to figure what it ultimately ended up costing me. However, it is still not done yet so the cost continues to climb. I just ordered Azek beadboard & trim for the ceilings and to wrap the beams stick to the maintenance free nature of this project.

All of this composite/PVC stuff is a lot more costly than wood. I can't wait till it is done. I still need to install lighting, fans, gutters, soffits etc. So it is a slow go just working on the weekends.

• graciesmom284
    16 years ago

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/gracie01mom/timbertechdeck.jpg
    here is a photo of our timbertech earthwood teak,,finally!

• john_hyatt
    16 years ago

John agrees with Al all framing lumber is mis milled and has been all the while I have been in the Business. One thing,at least around here, the box stores sell above ground contact pt material .25 not the high grade ground contact .40

TemberTech got it right with the earthwood series everyone seems to like it including my Wallets. As with all composites the fade factor is still there. Also the pre-groved/clip system looks pretty good. The clips alltogether have been a real mess in the past but the nature of the system TT is selling looks pretty good Im about to try it and I know several Contractors who already have with good results. John

• deckman22
    16 years ago

I'm working on my first TT earthwood deck. I still passed on using the clips tho. Pre-drill then screw in the Headcoats. SS post with SS cable for rails. Very pricey deck, but will be extra nice. Thumbs up on the TT earthwood. John, let us know how the clips work out.

Al

• centraljerseyguy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey folks,

I am not sure if I posted these before but here it goes. I completed this Timbertech deck and overhead last summer. So far very happy. To date the only thing that went wrong is the facia on the deck opened up from freezing water over the winter. I had to remove and reinstall with more screws.

The objective was to have this be a totally maintenance free deck. Other than having to paint the fiberglass columns on the overhead nothing else requires maintenance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of completed Timbertech Deck and overhead

• lazygirl78
    12 years ago

Centraljerseyguy, how is your deck doing now? Still happy with the TimberTech? I'm thinking hard about the Earthwood line (and your beautiful deck is a big reason why), but (as I just posted in a new thread) I'm worried about the durability of the "coating" as compared to some other composites that are of uniform composition. I've seen a lot of TimberTech decks on this site, but I haven't seen a lot of followup. Hoping to get some updates from you and others. Thanks!

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs