Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help choosing color for chairs on deck.

Posted by alilmuse (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 12:27

I have purchased two old metal chairs. They are the old metal chairs with the metal legs that loop back. If I put them on my front deck they will go next to a tan house with white trim, the deck will be a natural color. I'm looking for a pretty bold color. I've seen them done in a very shiny red with white legs and they look nice next to a pot of red geraniums. I've thought of a Burnt orange, red, royal blue....please give me your valued opinions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help choosing color for chairs on deck.

I would stay with one color. And red has been done, done, done. A great orange works in all seasons. You can get a couple rectangle pillows to compliment-- purple would look great through Thanksgiving! Big pillow with bling (white +/- turquois) could be an option for Christmas.
Rustoleum carries a line of hammered paint+primer/in one, rust preventative, any angle paint that I LOVE. If you're looking for a wow factor, this is the paint for you. I've used the black to make posterboard look like metal at school and the brown on many things at home. It's understated & simple. Can't wait to see some pics of your handiwork!

o
RE: Need help choosing color for chairs on deck.

I'd go with black or stainless, and let the pillows make the statement! You can change the pillows with the seasons, but you got red chair, and it's pink/white/green spring? Now what you gonna do?
Suz

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here