Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Wall mounted patio heater--suggestions?

loves2read
9 years ago

We have Florida house with screen lanai over the pool and covered deck/roof over the area next to house where the table/chairs and built-in grill are...
That is fairly large space with enough room to have table/6 chairs and two lounge/recliners w/small table, and also some toys for my grandson...

There is also area under the screen lanai roof that is not under the solid roof...

I wondered if anyone here had installed/used a wall-mounted electric heater?

We added an electric pool heater last year and were in the water more this past winter/spring--
it would be nice to be able to warm up the patio area for eating outside and for cooler days in general...
Dampness can be a deterrant for being outside as much as low temps--
we don't get that much cold weather--this house is on Gulf coast area just south of Sarasota--but there can be good bit of rain

Because of our grandson I would prefer to use something that isn't a standing patio heater...
we have no gas lines in our neighborhood so all heating is either propane (like the outdoor grill) or electric heat pump...
having a wall-mounted heater which would be out of the way of foot traffic would seem a good choice but not sure about the effective range and cost to use--
i.e.---blasting out the people sitting right under the heater w.o warming most of the space wouldn't be an effective use of money IMO...

Any brands/sizes would be appreciated...

Comment (1)