Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Should i stain my deck now?

Posted by kevingalaxy (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 21, 09 at 10:47

So i stripped my deck all ready to stain but its been rainign every few days and i havent had a chance to get it painted. My question is, should i just leave it til spring now? Or do i need to stain it before the winter - wouldnt the snow etc mess up the finish anyway?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Should i stain my deck now?

As long as it's still over 50 degrees, you can stain. Just wait until it's been dry for 48 hours. I wouldn't wait until spring unless you're in a part of the country/world that's already too chilly. The stain will help protect the wood through the winter.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here