Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good sources for House Numbers

Posted by lee676 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 0:57

I need to find a set of four house numbers that together will fit within a 10" wide, 4" tall space. I'd like contemporary, easily readable looks, preferably in a light metallic color. The ones at the big-box stores are too large to fit my space. The house doesn't have much room for them - the front door is on one side; a window on the other. The other side of the door is blocked by a tree. Like the sample below, the numbers would be centered within a brick, only in this house there's a small section made of differently-shaped and colored stone which I want to draw attention to, and only the aforementioned 10x4" stone is shaped nicely to fit a number sign within it. Plus, it's close to the front porch light so it can be seen at night.

So where can I find 3" tall numbers of this style? I need four of them, and unfortunately none of them is the number 1 and they're all the wider numbers. I've looked at local stores and can't find anything nice.

p.s. I'm posting this in Porches since that's where it goes, but let me know if they're a more appropriate forum for this question.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good sources for House Numbers

Did you try googling "modern house numbers?" I did and quite a few links came up. I didn't browse through them to see if they had the right size, but there's a place to start.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here