Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

Are There Online Site to Grab Free Deck Plans?

Laurie
13 years ago

My contractor has offered to build me a small deck off my kitchen for a very good price (he's a friend). The problem is that I've already asked too many favors of my ex-boss (architect) as far as home plans are concerned (the kitchen renovation is just one of several items which are going on in the 95 year old Craftsman home I recently purchased) and I just can't manage to muster up the nerve one last time for deck plans.

My town wants detailed drawings; depth of footings, railings, risers and tread heights, etc. I had to get a variance because my lot coverage was high but they did grant me one for a 10' x 10' which is good enough for my needs (plus the space is rather small anyway, I can barely fit in anything larger).

I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something basic to throw a small table, a few chairs and my grill on. I don't need signed and sealed drawings; my Town allows me to sign off on them, the just need something presented but they need elevations and it does have to be to Code (they gave me guidelines to follow).

Even an easy (free?) online software program would be useful too.

Any help is appreciates.

Comments (3)