Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hwhl

Need help deciding what to do with old porch...

hwhl
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum because there is so many knowledgeable people here! Here's my question. I live in NJ and have a back porch (aluminum) on which the previous owners put in screened windows (the cheapest kind). This "sunroom" is not insulated in any way, the floor is rotten, the windows can't stay open and it's all a big mess, so it obviously has to be demolished. Plus, it's very small (12 x 8). We're trying to decide what to put in its place. Since it has a perfectly good roof, one option would be to do a covered porch (same size). Another is to do a full blown sunroom with insulation, etc. (this can be bigger). And the third is to get rid of the roof and build a deck - I don't know what size of deck is acceptable.

There is a big patio right next to the porch that we use for grilling and hanging out, so we probably won't get much use of either of the options. Maybe we'll have breakfast there once in a while but other than that it's just going to be something that's there for the next buyer. With that in mind, which option would you suggest?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms