Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning/Replacing very high vaulted ceiling over deck

Posted by Eagleview134 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 11 at 18:18

I have a very high vaulted ceiling over the deck. The ceiling is painted plywood with trim where the panels connect. Spider webs are all over the trim. We don't want to power wash the painted wood, and I doubt it would get rid of the spider webs if we did. We had one painter who said he'll use scaffolding to get a brush to the spider webs. Of course that will be very expensive, and I imagine it will quickly get back to the same condition.

My question is what kind of material can we replace the ceiling with so that we aren't having to repeat this expensive cleaning procedure. There must be some surface that wouldn't collect the webs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here