Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deck Restore product at Lowe's by Synta

Posted by phyllis_4 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 23, 09 at 14:52

Our deck is almost 20 years old. We have maintained it by pressure washing and waterproofing every 2 or 3 years. We saw a product in Lowe's called "Deck Restore" which is supposed to fill cracks and lock down splinters and is slip resistant. Is supposed to add years of life to older wood decks. Has anyone had any experience with this product? After reading some of the stories about having to remove some products, we would like to know from someone who has used this. We were especially wondering if it cracked and peeled easily. Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deck Restore product at Lowe's by Synta

Oh darn! Has no one used this stuff in the two years since this questioned was posted? I was about to use an acrylic stain on a very large concrete patio area when I happened to see this stuff at my local Ace Hardware. It looks great in the store samples but if I am going to have to deal with chipping and the like after a couple of years I think I would prefer to take my chances with a stain which can be covered over easily. This stuff looks almost like a cement skim coat which can't be easily fixed if something goes wrong with it.

o

I have used this product on a deck that was 20 years old.
It works fantastic, but i had to put on 3 coats.
It did do as advertised...filled in all cracks,etc.
If you use this product ,watch the video on youtube about applying it

o

Hello

Has anyone else used this product. Just bought a vacation home with a 25 yr old deck that is pretty beat up. It is in the mountains/Lake Tahoe area so gets snow too.

Thanks

o

We just put up a new deck for my Mom and are starting out with this product. I am very excited to see how it holds up. I am hoping it will last as long as she is in this house. I found this youtube post that I thought was helpful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xDgdQFCjCs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here