Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Protecting screened in porch in the winter

Posted by mcgregor287287 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 13, 10 at 13:26

I have a screened in porch with 5 screens that have openings of 4' wide by 5' high and am looking for a solution to protect it during the winter (Massachusetts). I tried the plastic on the outside of the windows - you know how that went. Then we built frames for the inside and that's okay, but I am wondering if there is any type of system, that we could either construct or purchase, that I could just attach to the outside in the winters and cover with glass or plexiglass. I really don't want to put windows in, that would defeat the feel of the room to me. I have looked on line but really haven't found what I'm looking for. The room is sided on the outsied and there is probably 8 inches of space between each window.

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Protecting screened in porch in the winter

Have you investigated EzeBreeze panels? I know you don't want the look of windows but you can remove the panels (vinyl vice glass) in summer, etc., and re-install them in the fall/winter. Or, you can leave them up all year as they come in two track and four track systems. You don't need additional framing and they are built to fit any size opening. We haven't personally used them but did do a review on them not too long ago. Found them to be a great product. I wish these were available when we lived in New Hampshire for a number of years.

Here is a link that might be useful: screen porches

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here