Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Concrete back porch + dog paw prints = Not happy

Posted by MrBradG (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 10:18

So, as you see in the photo I have a back concrete patio that (that I just pressure washed believe it or not) and I have dog paw prints all over it in a matter of days. I'm sure it's the mud/clay here in Alabama.

Anyone have in thoughts on a stain that would help this not show up or any other ideas? Acid staining, etc.?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Concrete back porch + dog paw prints = Not happy

Don't think I've known someone that would be so concerned about dog prints on an (outside) concrete patio.

Wash the concrete? Wash the dog's paws?

o

Don't think I've known someone that would be concerned about my concern of my concrete and give me such a useless comment.

o

Get the dog some boots, and train him to take them off when on the patio!

This post was edited by Geoffrey_B on Tue, Aug 19, 14 at 16:48

o

Thanks what I was thinking. Any recommendation on stain?

o

I do not think anything will stop the foot prints. They are a byproduct of the clay and will appear on top of anything you finish the concrete with.

o

Stain the concrete with a semitransparent stain the same color as the sand and that will obscure the paw prints.

o

How cute! Love the design. Can I get a rug with that pattern?

o

Dogprints outside are the decoration of a happy home.
I can understand not wanting clay tracking inside though, maybe a big mat in front of the door.
Most of my back yard is either garden or deck, and the part that the dogs romp on is covered with wood chips, so they don't get sand/dirt on their feet unless they dig in the one area they are allowed to dig.
Can you either grow grass or cover the ground with wood chips so his paws stay cleaner?
He is a cute dog, a poodle?

o

Outdoor carpet? But I think applying that over concrete can eventually damage the concrete.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here