Return to the Porches & Decks Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Care of outdoor furniture

Posted by brer (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 0:00

I don't exactly know where to post this, but I'll see if it gets any attention here.

I haven't had much outdoor furniture in my life, but I just got a nice table with an umbrella and six nice chairs.

How can I keep it from wearing out? What is the best way?
I see furniture out on patios all summer long, but I don't have a patio with a roof. Everything is in the sun all day long. And the rain and weather. Should I store it in the garage and bring it out every time I want to use it? Is there something I could put over it when not in use?

Also, I have the same question about a cloth (or canvas) swing I just got. How do I keep it from getting damaged or rotting from the sun and mold or whatever.

Any suggestions?
Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Care of outdoor furniture

Keep the pollen off of the swing, and it will help keep the mold and mildew down, as far as the table/ chairs with the umbrella, I would take the umbrellla down when it is not in use. If the furniture itself is metal, I would not worry to much about it mine has been on my deck for years, and it is not really that bad other than the umbrella getting damaged by the wind.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Porches & Decks Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here